Is my scorpion constipated or just fat?

fullmetalcommunist

Arachnopeon
This is my Asian forest scorpion (sold as h spinifer from a pet shop but I've been told he could be h longissimus too). I've been feeding him normal (5 medium crickets a month). He looks really fat. Is this ok?? Should I feed him less? I hope he isn't constipated. He's acting normal, just looks really fat to me. He hasn't molted in like a year . What in tarnation? Is he ok?

Attachments

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
If it's a wild caught female, & many of these are very high percentage are, it's entirely possible. In captivity they get fed regularly and have good conditions. Therefore the pregnancy doesn't get suspended or absorbed and progresses.

The other possibility is that it's gonna molt soon. However, yours looks awfully close to an adult size & I'm slightly leaning towards pregnancy.

Alex99

Arachnosquire
My pandinus spp got what I thought was overweight as well and I was surprised with a brood..

Alex99

Arachnosquire
Assuming he's pregnant, what do I need to know or do to prepare?
For right now keep her stress free and keep feeding her well and making sure the temp and humidity levels are high. Until she actually gives birth that's really it.