Is my Pumpkin Patch sling ready to molt?

TheCryptKeeper

Arachnopeon
I picked up a Pumpkin Patch sling online for £6 almost a month ago (it got delivered on the 6th of Sep) ive been feeding it small fruit fly and its abdomen is rather dark as of now and I heard slings molt every month or so. Im kinda nervous since im fairly new to the hobby and ended up with 3 Ts in a month, all at different stages and this will be the first one to melt. Its also my first sling. I have before and after comparison. Do you think its ready? IMG_6065.JPEG

Attachments

Wolfram1

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
Reason I bought these decades ago is because even as small 1/8” they their adult bright colors.
might be the lighting

Do you think its ready?
hard to say, however even if it isn't, it is full enough that you do not need to feed it again, just wait until it eventually molts

good luck with your little spiders and congratulations on finding yourself here from the start, i am sure you will find the answers to all your questions on AB

Wolf135

Arachnoknight
Looks like its getting close my pumpkin patch Lg sling had a big abdomen like that maybe a quarter bigger when it molted last month.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
My Hapalopus slings always take what seems like forever to molt, so just be patient. They will fast and be lethargic for a few weeks, even at that tiny size, then just when you think they'll never molt... THEY DO! After a few days they'll eat again, have several meals, then start testing your patience all over again. The joys of T ownership. 😁

Marlana

Arachnoknight
To me it looks like it already molted. But hard to be sure from photos.