Is my pink toe molting? He is about four years old and I just got him a week ago

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Honestly looks more like it just finished molting, but if there is not molt in sight then yep. Try not to disturb em, just sit back and watch the process.

Edit: read my comment below, not so sure.

Last edited:

coolnweird

Arachnobaron
Doesn't look right to me, they typically molt in web tubes off of the ground. How long has it been like this, and could you provide pictures of the entire enclosure?

Nightstars100

Arachnopeon
I got him from pet smart from about a week ago, his old enclosure there didn’t have much webbing in it either. In the corner of his current enclosure he has a low water bowl and I only mist lightly before placing him in his tank.

Pmurinushmacla

Arachnobaron
Doesn't look right to me, they typically molt in web tubes off of the ground. How long has it been like this, and could you provide pictures of the entire enclosure?
You're right it is odd, I retract my statement. If there was a molt next to it then this just looks like what they do afterwards, but usually molts start with the legs spread out. Looks like it might have death curled up top and fell down to the bottom. Nothing to do really but wait imo.

Nightstars100

Arachnopeon
@Nightstars100 - I'm curious what happened. Did it molt yet? Has it moved? Any update?
Unfortunately, he ended up dying. When I first got him, I noticed that he had very little web and was at the bottom of the tank at PetSmart. Seemed to be somewhat shriveled up.
When I bought him, those seemed like very clear warning signs. I tried to feed him mealworms and crickets, but he was not very interested. Set up an enclosure for him so he could eventually web, but it seemed more like he was ill rather than in pre-molt.
RIP, poor little guy.

Thane1616

Arachnosquire
Male Avic Avic's only live about 4 years and females live about 6 or 7. If you bought a 4 year old male then it lived a long life. Sorry you lost it so quickly though boss :(

Liquifin

Arachnoking
You have a mature male that has reached the end of his life. My condolences go to him.

NMTs

Spider Wrangler
Arachnosupporter +
Unfortunately, he ended up dying. When I first got him, I noticed that he had very little web and was at the bottom of the tank at PetSmart. Seemed to be somewhat shriveled up.
When I bought him, those seemed like very clear warning signs. I tried to feed him mealworms and crickets, but he was not very interested. Set up an enclosure for him so he could eventually web, but it seemed more like he was ill rather than in pre-molt.
RIP, poor little guy.
I suspected as much, was just hoping maybe it would turn out differently. Thanks for the update, and sorry for your loss.