Is my pindarus imperator in premolt or just fat?

Amber0000000

Arachnopeon
So my scorpion is about 2 years old and. he has gone through 2 molts, 3 if you count the one that happened when he was with his mom. I'm fairly certain he's a boy and has never been with another scorpion so he can't be gravid but he has been very fat for probably close to 6 months. I feed him 3-4 crickets a week and sometimes he doesn't eat them all but I don't think he over eats because he doesn't eat them all sometimes. I'm just concerned because of the amount of time he has been this fat. I've never raised one from a baby, I got his mom when she was already fully mature and we didn't know she was pregnant when we got her (she was sold as a male) so I am fairly inexperienced. Please help. I'll try to provide pictures but I'm new to the site and they might not work. Again this is a p. Imperator scorpion

Connerl8k

Arachnosquire
3-4 times a week sounds a lot my AFS blackie only eats once every few weeks (by his choice not mine) and seems perfectly healthy and happy.

I'm going to hazard a guess that your chap is just fat but
Pictures will help.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
Yep, sounds like your scorp is just fat. 3-4 crix a week is quite a bit, if you feed decently sized crickets. Many people only feed one crik a week or your regimen every 2-3 weeks. As long as it eats and moves around, it should be fine. Probably not pregnant, but as @Connerl8k said, pics would help a lot :D

Amber0000000

Arachnopeon
This is a picture of him usually the crickets I give him are sometimes small so I was getting 5 incase 2 or 3 were tiny. Thats happened to me before. I will probably start trying to do them every 2 or 3 weeks instead of every week either way because I have trouble keeping the crickets alive even with food and water and everything so I buy them and then feed them to him later that day. 20170604_232752.jpg Here's a picture of him too I finally figured out how to add one

soldierof4cheese

Arachnoknight
Take a picture of the underside of him or her and we will be able to tell if its a male or female. Its probably ready to molt again, keep the tank at high humidity levels to aid in the molting process.
Nice looking scorp.

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
It's about to burst lol. Increase the humidity . The enclosure looks a bit dry. Probably about to molt

Amber0000000

Arachnopeon
so I took a picture of him with a quarter for a size reference. Only his body is about 2.5 inches and his whole body (tail and claws included) is about 4 inches. The pictures are a little blurry but you should be able to see his pectines fairly clearly. I looked when he was younger and thought I identified him as a male but even if he ends up being a female I doubt it's possible for it to be pregnant. I had him separated from other scorpions shortly after he got off his mother's back so I'm pretty sure he/she is in premolt. Let me know if you think it is overweight or in premolt also if it is female or male if you are good at identifying!
20170607_001804.jpg 20170607_000042.jpg