is my p.murinus male or female?

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
kindly check if my p.murinus is a male or a female, i can't get the exuviums in one piece, its always destroyd.

sorry for the low quality pics:wall:

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Look like a Orange Bitchy Thing to me. :D Hint: a bitch is not a male dog :D

Anyway, first time sexing. And you should post it in the appropriate place.

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
sorry for posting it here, it's just that i saw so many threads just like mine here. sorry:)

Paramite

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
This is a hard one, but I'm still thinking it's a male. P. murinus isn't exactly the easiest species to sex ventrally.

Edit: Actually, I think it's a female. There's just something so incredibily confusing in P. murinus, when you try to sex them ventrally.

Last edited:

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
yes, i agree, i gave some species which i can sex them ventrally but this ones giving ma a hard time! hehe

presurcukr

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would say female but not 100% i'd like a closer look at the pedipalps just to be sure

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
she's already 4" or more but i can't see any hook, i'll post pics of the pedipalps as soon as i get the chance.

YouLosePayUp

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Sorry, but that P. murinus will hook out at 5-5.5"

The little indent is tell tale of male and on a female of that size there's a second ridge (for lack of a better term)

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if it's a male then it's still ok coz theres a female wating for him when he matures. hehe

Widowman10

Arachno WIDOW
Old Timer
i would say male, based especially on pic #2.

but post in the EF sexing section. people frequent there often and know what they're talking about.

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
tnx for your replies! hehe i would post there the next time i have an unidentified spider. hehe

testdasi

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I believe Daniel15 posted the same pics in sexing forum. The responds were mixed as well. But ya, I agree that those frequent the sexing forum know a lot more than my basic knowledge. :D

daniel15

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
i'm sorry but i haven't posted pictures in the sexing forum, maybe you've mistaken someone's pictures to be mine. hehe

smof

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Sorry, but that P. murinus will hook out at 5-5.5"

The little indent is tell tale of male and on a female of that size there's a second ridge (for lack of a better term)
My male P. murinus matured at less than 4".