Is my new enclosure alright?

Froggeo

Arachnopeon
I rehoused my T. kahlenbergi sling today to an enclosure that's a bit smaller than the original. Does the setup look ok to you (apart from not being the most attractive thing ever)? You can see a bit of the spider in the lower photo

20210517_182920.jpg
20210517_182833.jpg

Hi
a little on the large size for your spider size but it looks ok otherwise.
Also I am wary about putting such small spiders in enclosure with slats for ventilation instead of holes.Make sure its carapace can't fit trough the vent holes.
Regards Konstantin

Froggeo

Arachnopeon
Hi
a little on the large size for your spider size but it looks ok otherwise.
Also I am wary about putting such small spiders in enclosure with slats for ventilation instead of holes.Make sure its carapace can't fit trough the vent holes.
Regards Konstantin
Thank you for your input! I'm quite certain that its carapace is too big to squeeze through the slots, but I'll keep an eye on it just in case.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
As @Konstantin Konstantinov mentioned previously, that enclosure is pretty large for your sling. Personally I’d rehouse it smaller enclosure, to easily monitor / keep track / feed your tarantula, like double or triple less than the current size.

Froggeo

Arachnopeon
As @Konstantin Konstantinov mentioned previously, that enclosure is pretty large for your sling. Personally I’d rehouse it smaller enclosure, to easily monitor / keep track / feed your tarantula, like double or triple less than the current size.
I was afraid it would be, I have a hard time understanding that spiders arent like most other pets when it comes to cage size.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I have a hard time understanding that spiders arent like most other pets when it comes to cage size.
It’s because tarantulas do not require space much more than it needs to be.

Especially for young tarantulas, too large enclosure means:
  • Hard to track of your tarantula
  • For feeding
  • For molting
  • For anything else

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I also agree you should rehouse it down into something much smaller. This will make your life easier!