Is my L. parahybana male already a mature one?

Darren Diarachnoboy

Arachnopeon
Its not a mature male yet.

Do you have a plan to breed this species?
yes im planning, i already have a mature female, by the way i have typo error there, i mean i only new in the breeding , im in this hobby for almost 1 year, sorry for bad english

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
yes im planning, i already have a mature female, by the way i have typo error there, i mean i only new in the breeding , im in this hobby for almost 1 year, sorry for bad english
Dont worry your english is fine. It looks like it may mature next moult. But this is not definite.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I dont know about powerfeeding but I would feed more regularly and keep in wamer spot in your house to speed up metabolism.

Python

Arachnolord
Old Timer
If you intend on breeding, you might want to leave it on the ground. Dropping one that size greatly reduces the chances of it reaching maturity. If one that size were to offer you a little nibble, it would almost insure a fall that would lower it's life expectancy to nothing. In other words, it's best not to handle them no matter how comfortable you are with them. Their unpredictable nature and the possibility of human error combine to form a situation that is in no way good or beneficial for either you or the T. Best to leave them on the ground and take pictures through the enclosure.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Dont use heatmats. Just put it in a warmer spot of your house. Say an area without air-conditioning

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
Another thing to keep in mind, this isn't a very good species to start off with breeding for the first time. They can produce thousands of eggs, and are hard to sale quickly. So make sure taking care of that many slings is something you're capable of doing.

cold blood

Staff member
Another thing to keep in mind, this isn't a very good species to start off with breeding for the first time. They can produce thousands of eggs, and are hard to sale quickly. So make sure taking care of that many slings is something you're capable of doing.
Right, I am always surprised when I see people actively breeding LPs. They are on my "never breed" list.

cold blood

Staff member
@cold blood why's that not much bemand or because the sack yeild is so high that there not hard to come by?
Sacs are sooooo big that one sac can saturate the entire market. Breed LPs and you are going to be raising hundreds for a long time...even if you give away hundreds, sell hundreds AND wholesale hundreds (which you will get almost nothing for).....plus they are of low value...so you do a massive amount of work, for very little reward....more hassle than its worth for sure.

Op, cross your fingers and hope for a small sac.