Is my jumping spider in premolt?

Guest376435

Arachnopeon
I have a royal jumping spider, female if I'm sexing correctly. I got her from a local shop that specializes in arachnids at the end of March of this year. First 2 weeks she was great, eating crickets, and exploring, then she built a thick web in the top corner and retreated to there. Problem is, she hasn't come out for almost a month now.

I've googled pictures of premolt jumping spider and thats what it looks like, upside down facing, all legs spread out, and from what I can tell hasn't moved. Her abdomen doesn't seem very large and I don't think she's pregnant. I've continued misting the habitat daily, but have not offered food as I've read they will refuse when molting, and again, she hadn't seemed to move.

I'm getting concerned since it's been several weeks. I don't want to interfere if she's molting but it's been a while now. I believe she's almost an adult, but I could be wrong.

Just looking for advice if this is normal.

Thanks!

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
I have a royal jumping spider, female if I'm sexing correctly. I got her from a local shop that specializes in arachnids at the end of March of this year. First 2 weeks she was great, eating crickets, and exploring, then she built a thick web in the top corner and retreated to there. Problem is, she hasn't come out for almost a month now.

I've googled pictures of premolt jumping spider and thats what it looks like, upside down facing, all legs spread out, and from what I can tell hasn't moved. Her abdomen doesn't seem very large and I don't think she's pregnant. I've continued misting the habitat daily, but have not offered food as I've read they will refuse when molting, and again, she hadn't seemed to move.

I'm getting concerned since it's been several weeks. I don't want to interfere if she's molting but it's been a while now. I believe she's almost an adult, but I could be wrong.

Just looking for advice if this is normal.

Thanks!
When my jumper did that she dropped an egg sac. But it could also be in premolt. You never know.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Maybe that's it. Should I be concerned or do anything because of how long it's been?
I wouldn’t say so. If they’re refusing food, there isn’t much you can do. You can’t force them to eat. Make sure you’re offering water in droplets on the side of the enclosure. If it’s an adult, it could just be old age.