Is my Green Bottle Blue sick?

bryverine

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
What I'm seeing is what is generally referred to as a "mirror patch". It's especially visible on GBBs IME.

cold blood

Staff member
Your problem is probably not pesticides though because it sounds like you live pretty far out? If that's the case it is a little safer but parasites are a real concern.
What???? The op is in Nebraska....that's basically ALL farmland...there's absolutely no way to avoid pesticides in an area like that.....pesticides, plus a windy open state equals pesticides blown all over the state and then some.

Mealworms are a good option, they last many months in the fridge. Any feeder can also be purchased online, so you don't need a pet store in the area, or even a vehicle....just a computer with online access, and we can see you have that.

Graves6661

Arachnosquire
This is a photo of my GBB from a few months ago. you can see a similar looking patch on his abdomen. As stated above by Bryverine, its the mirror patch. The defensive hair that they kick are reflective and in some light look almost like a rash. But rest assured, there is nothing wrong with your T. If its starting to get sluggish it could be going into premolt or just being lazy like tarantulas usually are.

IMG_20160408_082128.jpg

cold blood

Staff member
This is a photo of my GBB from a few months ago. you can see a similar looking patch on his abdomen. As stated above by Bryverine, its the mirror patch. The defensive hair that they kick are reflective and in some light look almost like a rash. But rest assured, there is nothing wrong with your T. If its starting to get sluggish it could be going into premolt or just being lazy like tarantulas usually are.

View attachment 222255
Looks mature.

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Because it's easier than driving a ridiculous amount of miles to the pet store. I don't exactly live right down the street from one. I wasn't aware that was a bad thing. I mean wild Ts eat wild crickets all the time...
Dubiaroaches.com

They'll ship em to your house and the shipping is always $7 no matter how much you buy!!!

They have worms of different kinds/sizes and of course roaches

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
What???? The op is in Nebraska....that's basically ALL farmland...there's absolutely no way to avoid pesticides in an area like that.....pesticides, plus a windy open state equals pesticides blown all over the state and then some.

Mealworms are a good option, they last many months in the fridge. Any feeder can also be purchased online, so you don't need a pet store in the area, or even a vehicle....just a computer with online access, and we can see you have that.
Lol, had no idea, in that case I agree.