Is my Green Bottle Blue sick?

Hadleberry

Arachnopeon
14761564091661128544638.jpg
I fed her a few crickets from my yard, and ever since then she's had these scabs. They look really bad. She doesn't seem like herself either. She still eats, but these scabs are making me nervous. They're red and white looking like she's deteriorating or something of that nature. Can anyone explain this to me? I'm really scared something is wrong.

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Many would advise against feeding wild caught food to your T as you don't know if the crickets could have come into contact with pesticides or eaten poisonous plants.
"Her" abdomen looks normal though. She may have flicked some hairs.

Hadleberry

Arachnopeon
Many would advise against feeding wild caught food to your T as you don't know if the crickets could have come into contact with pesticides or eaten poisonous plants.
"Her" abdomen looks normal though. She may have flicked some hairs.
I've seen her with the bald spots but never like this. It's very red and looks infected or something.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Perfectly normal. She's been kicking hairs, a normal behavior for NW t's. Nothing is wrong. Don't feed food from outside.
I've seen her with the bald spots but never like this. It's very red and looks infected or something.
Trust me it's normal.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
To me, it looks like it's been flicking hairs. The T's actual "skin" isn't very pretty :/ As long as she eats, drinks, and is generally healthy than it's probably not a huge deal ;)

Hadleberry

Arachnopeon
I know what the bald spots are they don't look normal. That picture doesn't show the scabbing details very well. She's in her log now so I can't take a picture.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
I know what the bald spots are they don't look normal. That picture doesn't show the scabbing details very well. She's in her log now so I can't take a picture.
It's normal man. The sort of "fuzz" stuff you see is little bits of urticating hair. The red is her exoskeleton. T's don't make scabs. Their hemolymph just runs when the abdomen is ruptured unless something stops it.

Hadleberry

Arachnopeon
It's normal man. The sort of "fuzz" stuff you see is little bits of urticating hair. The red is her exoskeleton. T's don't make scabs. Their hemolymph just runs when the abdomen is ruptured unless something stops it.

Could you explain that in lament terms? She's my first T, I don't know a ton of stuff about them.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Could you explain that in lament terms? She's my first T, I don't know a ton of stuff about them.
Instead of blood they have something called hemolymph. Sort of a mix of lymph and blood. It doesn't clot and thus doesn't form scabs. If she accidentally tore her abdomen or cut it, the hemolymph would keep running until something like superglue can be used to seal it.

Hadleberry

Arachnopeon
Instead of blood they have something called hemolymph. Sort of a mix of lymph and blood. It doesn't clot and thus doesn't form scabs. If she accidentally tore her abdomen or cut it, the hemolymph would keep running until something like superglue can be used to seal it.
Nothing is leaking but her behavior is very sluggish. Normally she's more active and skittish. If one of the crickets I gave her was poisoned how badly would that effect her?

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Why are you feeding her crickets from outside?

And yes she looks terribly ill send her to me and ill fix her up.. You just pay shipping and throw me Oh I don't know like 3K to cover the vet bill and we will call it even ;)

Seriously like all the others have stated she looks completly fine.. Stop feeding her dirty little street bugs though or she might end up dead from pesticides or parasites..

Hadleberry

Arachnopeon

And yes she looks terribly ill send her to me and ill fix her up.. You just pay shipping and throw me Oh I don't know like 3K to cover the vet bill and we will call it even ;)
Because it's easier than driving a ridiculous amount of miles to the pet store. I don't exactly live right down the street from one. I wasn't aware that was a bad thing. I mean wild Ts eat wild crickets all the time...

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Because it's easier than driving a ridiculous amount of miles to the pet store. I don't exactly live right down the street from one. I wasn't aware that was a bad thing. I mean wild Ts eat wild crickets all the time...
Yeah they do but you don't wanna take the risk with your t. T's in the wild have time to build up immunity to certain toxins and pesticides over generations. Your GBB is eating crickets that have been exposed to who knows what, that the GBB has not had time to build an immunity to.

Your problem is probably not pesticides though because it sounds like you live pretty far out? If that's the case it is a little safer but parasites are a real concern.

Hadleberry

Arachnopeon

Seriously like all the others have stated she looks completly fine.. Stop feeding her dirty little street bugs though or she might end up dead from pesticides or parasites..
Sorry but you'd be paying me I paid a pretty penny for her. You
Yeah they do but you don't wanna take the risk with your t. T's in the wild have time to build up immunity to certain toxins and pesticides over generations. Your GBB is eating crickets that have been exposed to who knows what, that the GBB has not had time to build an immunity to.
Something I wasn't aware of until now. I didn't think any harm could come from it :/

Ryan C

Arachnopeon
If the cricket was exposed to pesticide then damage is done. Very little you can do if that is the case, just hope it fights it off. For future reference, never give your Ts wild crickets.

Hadleberry

Arachnopeon
If the cricket was exposed to pesticide then damage is done. Very little you can do if that is the case, just hope it fights it off. For future reference, never give your Ts wild crickets.
I guess I'll have to cross my fingers then. Thank you everyone. It was a big help!

14pokies

Arachnoprince
Sorry but you'd be paying me I paid a pretty penny for her. You

Something I wasn't aware of until now. I didn't think any harm could come from it :/
This is one damn pretty penny IMO.. It's getting cool here most night's so be a doll and include a 48 hr heat pack and don't scimp on the bubble wrap
20161011_001751.jpg

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Your T may die from eating crickets found in the area, it was a terrible idea to feed your T those crickets simply because you were "too far". Giving that you live far from a pet store, perhaps a T wasn't the best investment for you. You may want to consider selling it.

I strongly suggest you read up on tarantulas. Your Ts life might just depend upon it. Google is a great website to use as is this forum.

There's nothing wrong w/your T based the pic provided. The information people provided to you was accurate.

Kymura

Arachnoknight
I live about 45 miles from the nearest pet store, it's an issue when your driving something that gets like 12 mpg. So, my suggestion (and what I do) is check around your area for somewhere that sells crickets for fishing. Also, you could order crickets-mealworms-dubia any number of feeders online. Cheaper then the fuel to ship as a rule.
Dubia are extremely easy to keep as are mealworms. Just my 2¢
Please! No more wild caught prey. Not worth it in the long run.