Is my emperor Scorpion dead?

Larissagz

Arachnopeon
I am taking care of my brothers scorpion while he is at basic training. And to my surprise she had babies about a month ago and 2 weeks ago I found somewhere that were willing to take the babies and care for them. Ever since I removed her babies from her she has been acting strange. At first she barley came out of her little cave thing and then this past week she has been overly active and trying to climb the walls of her tank excessively. I have doing very well in caring for her, check the temperature and humidity at least twice a day, along with misting it as needed and feeding it appropriately (while taking into consideration she gave birth not to long ago and has an increased appetite). An hour ago I went to check on her and found her in a strange position with her tail laid back flat behind her. I'm very concerned and have there's a possibility she may have passed away and if so, I'm confused as to what went wrong?

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Does she respond to external stimuli?

Were the scorplings off her back when you separated them?

Leonardo the Mage

Arachnosquire
If the temperature and humidity where fine, (exact numbers are crap, just estimate,) then could you have been using any chemicals near her or her food?
anything that might have stressed her out or exposed her to something harmful?

Larissagz

Arachnopeon
Does she respond to external stimuli?

Were the scorplings off her back when you separated them?
No she is not responding to any noise as she usually does, I haven't tried lightly touching her yet. But yes I waited until her babies where matured enough to be running around the tank on their own.

Larissagz

Arachnopeon
If the temperature and humidity where fine, (exact numbers are crap, just estimate,) then could you have been using any chemicals near her or her food?
No not at all, as I have been very attentive while caring for her considering I am only pet sitting as my brother is at basic training.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
No she is not responding to any noise as she usually does, I haven't tried lightly touching her yet. But yes I waited until her babies where matured enough to be running around the tank on their own.
Seeing if it responds to touch (not using your fingers) would help tremendously in finding out if she is dead.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
After dropping a brood and attentively protecting the young an old scorp will be in serious need of replenishment.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
That photo doesn't look too good IMO.

Let us know if she responds to gentle touch

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Don't feel too bad if it's dead, it could be that it simply died of old age. Also I don't think that's an emperor scorpion but a Heterometrus sps.

shining

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Don't feel too bad if it's dead, it could be that it simply died of old age. Also I don't think that's an emperor scorpion but a Heterometrus sps.
The strain of delivering life has a heavy toll especially for the elderly.

I was thinking the same thing. Those palps are a bit slender.

I wonder if he/she tried to touch it yet....Hmmmm...

Larissagz

Arachnopeon
She is not responding:( I believe she has passed on. I just don't get it, I have been taking excellent care of her. Anyways, I just have to accept the truth of the situation... What do I do from here? She is still currently in her tank in the same position and place as the photo I shared.

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
She is not responding:( I believe she has passed on. I just don't get it, I have been taking excellent care of her. Anyways, I just have to accept the truth of the situation... What do I do from here? She is still currently in her tank in the same position and place as the photo I shared.
I would just take her out so she doesn't start to rot with all the humidity. Not sure what you want to do with her, but I'd do it relatively quickly. I'm sorry for your loss, but at least she gave you a few babies at the end. Do you have any more scorplings? It would be amazing if you took care of some of her young for her :D Wish the best.