Is my c. versicolor enclosure wrong?

jcksnm

Arachnopeon
I've had my c. versicolor for about 5 weeks now. Here is her enclosure.
enclosure3.jpg

She likes to hide behind that blue flower on the ground toward the bottom of the enclosure. She has made a dirt curtain.
versi3.jpg

My concern is that she is hiding toward the bottom because she does not feel secure toward the top. When I first put her inside the enclosure I didn't have those flowers, and I added them hoping it would encourage her to move up higher, but she has remained close to the bottom. I also thought that the cork round would be a good hiding spot for her since it's very dark in there.

Should I be concerned about her behavior? Is this setup detrimental to her well-being?

dman13760

Arachnosquire
If there were a little more cover up top, she may be more inclined to web up there. Overall though I think you did a nice job! She's webbing and looks healthy. I wouldn't worry too much.

magouilles

Arachnoknight
i would personally use more sticks around the top so it can anchor a nice web
the enclosure does look on the larger side so it may take some more time to get used to the bigger space

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
Not the enclosure is too large, it's the cork bark round. They like it a little more tight.

jcksnm

Arachnopeon
Not the enclosure is too large, it's the cork bark round. They like it a little more tight.
Any way I can achieve this without removing the cork? Because it's very difficult to get out of the enclosure.

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
It's worth a try to put something into the cork, like a stick or something. Just tighten the space inside a bit. She might stumble across the place again during her nightly walks anf find it more cozy - or she might not. For the moment, she looks fine as is.

jcksnm

Arachnopeon
It's worth a try to put something into the cork, like a stick or something. Just tighten the space inside a bit. She might stumble across the place again during her nightly walks anf find it more cozy - or she might not. For the moment, she looks fine as is.
Ohhh, I understand, thank you! I can't fit a long stick in there since the enclosure doesn't open from the top. But what if I were to fill some of it up with substrate to make it more shallow, and then add smaller sticks?

KaroKoenig

Arachnobaron
I can't fit a long stick in there since the enclosure doesn't open from the top.
Ah, good old (new) Tarantula Cribs enclosures... I think your spider can cope with you carefully tilting the bark towards and adding a decent stick. Just be careful not to crush her down there in the corner.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
No
No

smaller diameter cork bark would be better. Check out some versi videos of the versi in the WILD, you’ll see how tight they like it

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
The cork tube is far too big of diameter for the tarantula that size

hwres an example now I set them up. 366C9009-3EC0-4AE5-B2EF-29B1C9CB9E44.jpeg 9AF4A2E4-2100-4D74-937F-61E6736DCB86.jpeg