Is my Brach. V. Molting

FASSETT

Arachnopeon
Sorry about the lighting but i didnt want her to be disturbed by light or a flash. I usually see her every morning moving around her home and tonight it was feed week and she was MIA. Turned her cage around and found her upside down on a thin sheet of spider silk. Its my first encounter on a event at this size lol. Any storys. Or when i should be worried?

Attachments

boina

Lady of the mites
Well, the spider is clearly molting, but what is a Brach.V.??

If Brach stands for Brachypelma you put that poor spider in a very unsuitable enclosure.

FASSETT

Arachnopeon
Well, the spider is clearly molting, but what is a Brach.V.??

If Brach stands for Brachypelma you put that poor spider in a very unsuitable enclosure.
Unsuitalble enclosure? Yeah i hate spiders bro and put them in a containers i made from the craft store i spent time on(sarcasm). Poor thing... boards suck when people get a slap in a face when they clearly want advice not a jerk comment. I love my Ts and im a beginner still learning. All my Ts have molted several times and eat. Sounds like a happy growing spider. If you do want to insalt someone next time tell them why you think so. Next reply youll be all over my grammer....Troll.

boina

Lady of the mites
Unsuitalble enclosure? Yeah i hate spiders bro and put them in a containers i made from the craft store i spent time on(sarcasm). Poor thing... boards suck when people get a slap in a face when they clearly want advice not a jerk comment. I love my Ts and im a beginner still learning. All my Ts have molted several times and eat. Sounds like a happy growing spider. If you do want to insalt someone next time tell them why you think so. Next reply youll be all over my grammer....Troll.
Wow, what a reaction.

It is not very suitable for a terrestrial tarantula because it does not include enough floor space. Those containers are perfect for arboreals, but Brachypelmas (if that's what it is) are terrestrial and need space to move horizontally - and preferable a horizontal hide and substrate to burrow if they want to. The fact that a hardy spider is able to survive - or that you spent a lot of time on it - does not make it a good, or suitable, enclosure.

Spidermolt

Arachnoknight
Wow Boina was just trying to give you some advice I didn't see how she was insulting you. I'm assuming its a Brachypelma vagans or for short B. Vagans which I agree is unsuitable if you were to use that cage, the air holes should be on the lid and the substrate should be up to where the air holes currently are to risk injury from a fall. It also looks like you have a piece of cork bark for climbing when you should have a hide instead, at that size though you should transfer to a cage with more floor space to walk around but make sure to whait a week for your T to harden up.
Here on arachrnoboards we're not here to gut you out we're just trying to help you so you shouldn't backlash at anyone who took the time to look at your post and give advice.

BTW...it's molting

sasker

Arachnoprince
It is always good to remember that written words may come across harsher then they were intended. @FASSETT please do not be offended and please do not lash out to the first response you received, even if you feel you have the right to do so. @boina is an experienced keeper who happens to know a thing or two about keeping tarantulas. I am sure she did not mean to be rude, she just wanted to give advice to help you along in the hobby.

Nixphat

Arachnosquire
I feel like it wouldn't come off as rude if there was more to the statement. Not just "very unsuitable enclosure," but also the explanation as to why it isn't ideal for Brachypelma would give the OP a better understanding as to why it isn't a great setup as well as not sounding like you're talking down to him ;)

cold blood

Staff member
lol...you say you came here for advice and when you get the best advice one could offer, you get all offended...makes no sense...i can tell you every single experieced keeper looking at that enclosure would tell you the exact same thing...she was just being helpful.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
boards suck when people get a slap in a face when they clearly want advice not a jerk comment
No, boards suck when people cant handle criticism and go on a rather rude rant. Ive got no more experience than you but i at least did the research to know the difference between terrestrial and arboreal. If you didnt, now you know. You have a terrestrial spider in an arboreal setup and it could fall and die. But. You have to risk that until it hardens up after this molt so you dont injure it. Id recommend spending some more time doing it right so this animal you "love" can live safely, and not just get lucky. Also if i were you, I'd start posting a lot of pictures just to make sure more of your spiders arent set up wrong as well, as it is a bit dangerous for them if they are.