Arachnopeon
sorry for asking guys i'm a dummy :D
I read in the net that if his abdomen has a bald spot
its a sign of molt
he/she did not eat for 1 week now

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
The only signifies that it has kicked some of his urticating bristles off.

More accurate signs include:
-lethargy
-darkening of the bald spot, and spider in general
-refusal of food
-Sealing off burrow or hide

Since yours has refused food, it might be in premolt, or it may just be full. If you see that bald spot darken, a molt should come very soon.

RoseT

Arachnosquire
The bald spot is from the uricating hairs it has kicked off mostly due to stress. A good premolt sign is when that area turns dark, almost black. It doesn't look like its premolt now but if itw refusing food it can be on its way there. Just keep a small dish of water, or wet a small side of its substrate and you should be fine.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where is everyone reading that bald patches indicate molt? This is like the 1000th time I've seen this :?

Anyway, as stated bald spot/baldness/bald patch is not an indication that your T is going to molt.

But to answer your question:
"is my B. smithi going to molt?"

Yes, eventually ;)

Welcome to an assisting hobby. Have fun.

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
oh thanks. btw how will i know if my t's is in stress or something?
That's a lot of question.

General, transient stress:
It'll sit all huddled up with it's legs around it's carapace (kind of like in your picture), or it will be flicking hair at you, or it will be giving you it's best threat pose.

Humidity related:
They will typically climb up onto the glass/sides of the enclosure to get off the ground and stay there if it's too humid/the sub is too wet for their liking.
If it's too dry, they'll hang around the waterdish or moistened area constantly.

Serious stress:
If all it's legs curl underneath it, in what we call a "death curl" it's in serious trouble, and it's life may be in danger. Not to be confused with grooming/weird "tarantula yoga", where a tarantula can have several legs folded under it at once.

There's probably more that I've forgotten/haven't seen yet, but these are the basics I guess.

kingston

Arachnopeon
That's a lot of question.

General, transient stress:
It'll sit all huddled up with it's legs around it's carapace (kind of like in your picture), or it will be flicking hair at you, or it will be giving you it's best threat pose.

Humidity related:
They will typically climb up onto the glass/sides of the enclosure to get off the ground and stay there if it's too humid/the sub is too wet for their liking.
If it's too dry, they'll hang around the waterdish or moistened area constantly.

Serious stress:
If all it's legs curl underneath it, in what we call a "death curl" it's in serious trouble, and it's life may be in danger. Not to be confused with grooming/weird "tarantula yoga", where a tarantula can have several legs folded under it at once.

There's probably more that I've forgotten/haven't seen yet, but these are the basics I guess.
im sorry :D im a newbie.

thanks for the information
so my t kinda in stress?

Falk

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
When the surface of the skinn get shiny it can be in an early stage of pre molt

Projecht13

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here you go sir this is what a bald spot will look like when the spider is in premolt :D