Is my 2nd Instar scorpion in pre-molt? I’ve never had a scorp molt, help needed!

Alexcosta96

Arachnopeon
Here’s a scorpion I’ve had since birth and kept. Didn’t eat its last meal and many said a scorpion that’s about to molt will look “just like this”. Any recommendations for a good molt? On coco coir substrate DBABC623-FACA-4A5C-8882-2FF49191C918.jpeg

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
Just keep it moist and in the right temperature range and don’t poke at it. It knows what to do.

cayen

Arachnopeon
Im no pro at this, but I found out that the best way to tell if a scorpion is pre-molt is if its torso is bloated like that, and if there are spacing in its "joints" or whatever u call it.

Anyways, all you really need to do is let it be. Do not disturb it, otherwise if u disturb it while its molting, then it might stop mid-way. My parabuthus trans pre molted for a month and all I had to do was wait, and once they finished molting i waited a week then took the old exo to gender the guy. I provided a shallow water dish for it to replenish 3 days after molting as well.

Alexcosta96

Arachnopeon
Im no pro at this, but I found out that the best way to tell if a scorpion is pre-molt is if its torso is bloated like that, and if there are spacing in its "joints" or whatever u call it.

Anyways, all you really need to do is let it be. Do not disturb it, otherwise if u disturb it while its molting, then it might stop mid-way. My parabuthus trans pre molted for a month and all I had to do was wait, and once they finished molting i waited a week then took the old exo to gender the guy. I provided a shallow water dish for it to replenish 3 days after molting as well.
Did you offer any food while your scorp was in premolt?