Is M.martensii or...

Brandelmouche

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi all

I see this pict on other forum with the label Mesobuthus martensii.
In my opignon is a Hottentotta species. Do you wont take a look ?

regards.
Plits

Koh_

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
i'd say Hottentotta sp too.
i guess Hottentotta Hottentotta..

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I second that, it looks exactly like my hottentotta hottentotta ;)
+1, obviously no M.martensii......It looks like H.hottentotta.

Y-man, H.hottentotta has a enormous area of distribution and coloration can vary a lot, so there are light and dark specimens, and everything in between...

Y-man

Arachnosquire
+1, obviously no M.martensii......It looks like H.hottentotta.

Y-man, H.hottentotta has a enormous area of distribution and coloration can vary a lot, so there are light and dark specimens, and everything in between...
Thanks for the info. I can really only base it off of what I have. Now that I think about it, I have some 2i's and 4i's that are much darker than my adult. I didn't think before posting.:8o

Michiel

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Thanks for the info. I can really only base it off of what I have. Now that I think about it, I have some 2i's and 4i's that are much darker than my adult. I didn't think before posting.:8o

No problem, happens to me too:D

Nomadinexile

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Hottentotta hottentotta, Thanks all.;)
While I trust many Id's on here, I would be careful calling it a day. Without specific collection data, your best bet is looking carefully and matching specie description. Maybe I am being too careful, but I would think twice before "deciding" without closer inspection. A small acrylic box and macro lens will do wonders for this. :razz: