Is it true??

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I heard that ornamentals dont like the feeling of peoples skin. Is this true or not i heard they just run off of it if they come in contact with it?? I dont know if its all species of ornamentals i think i just heard of one.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'd have to say no that's not true, whoever said that maybe just associated the reaction of the T with when the T touches their skin. When really I think they are just reacting to being handled.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
most of my larger arboreals and especially larger ornamentals don't like to walk on my skin at first. it is pretty comical. eventually they get used to it, though

i have noticed this a lot more with arbs than terestrial/fossorial species. i suspect arbs have a more sophisticated chemoreceptor suite than ter/fos

LimaMikeSquared

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
It must be strange - they must be able to feel the blood pumping around, i wonder if that is why they are not keen on it.

LMS

Brian S

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I didnt think any of them particularly liked to walk on skin. IME they all make a U turn at first when trying to coax them on a hand

Merfolk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Suposedly some chemical in the skin reppels them. The few that I handled seemed way more confortable on cloth than directly on it. Perhaps they feel the contact of a living being way larger than them, in the wild that normaly means a predator, hence a normal stress.

On the other hand, a big T fed pinkies on a regular basis might percieve a smaller
part of you (ex: finger) as a possible snack. Some good reason not to handle often!

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
It could be the heat they can sense too. Imagine walking from a cold heatless piece of glass or plastic onto a warm hand that has to be a shocker.

Rydog

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
GO on youtube and do a search for pokies there are some pretty funny vids of pokies not likeing skin.

DrGigglez666

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Well i was trying to find the dude meaninglessend's videos he was the one that said they didnt so i figured id ask about it!!