Is it safe to put cork rounds in with millipedes?

kjgalaxy

Arachnosquire
I was just wondering if cork rounds (cork bark made into hollow logs for hiding inside) are okay to put in with millies. If they eat it will it hurt them?

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've used some in my pede tanks, they don't seem interested in it. It doesn't decay nearly as fast as other types of hardwood. It's certainly not harmful, though.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've used some in my pede tanks, they don't seem interested in it. It doesn't decay nearly as fast as other types of hardwood. It's certainly not harmful, though.'

Edit: whoops double posted, mods feel free to delete

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Feel free and add some if you'd like. It provides a nice hiding spot and cork round usually look pretty nice in an enclosure anyway. What species were you thinking of adding this to?

ErinM31

Arachnogoddess
Arachnosupporter
It shouldn't be harmful, but I don't believe that millipedes would appreciate it as much as other creatures. With the exception of Orthoporus, my millipedes seem to prefer being on or in the substrate. A lightweight half-log or curved piece of bark might work better. Many of my millipedes enjoy a piece of rotted wood they can chew on and burrow into.

kjgalaxy

Arachnosquire
I put a piece in the tank with my ivories, mostly to give them something to climb on. One ivory seems to like eating it so I left a small piece in there. I've now put it in with my gigas. One's shell is damaged and I fear it was from the pieces of wood I had in there being too heavy or something. So I pulled out everything remotely heavy but they want something to curl up under. I broke the log in half and provided two places for them. The one with the injured shell pretty much immediately moved under it. The other did after munching on some food.
I haven't gotten up to the point of getting some rotting wood I know is safe for them.