Is it safe to feed a P. Audux as often as they'll take food?

xulixzo

Arachnopeon
Title. I have a wild-caught Audux who's downed 3 mealworms in the past 5 days, working on his(?) 4th as I write this. My last Audux only actually went after food once every couple days, even if I offered it daily. Is it okay to offer food as often as he(?)'ll take it?

Spider tax attached

Attachments

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
No one cuts them off in the wild.
I'd slow it down but i can't imagine you're hurting it.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Every couple days is good for jumpers. But it isn’t dangerous to feed them often. They can eat much more often than Ts that’s for sure.

xulixzo

Arachnopeon
Every couple days is good for jumpers. But it isn’t dangerous to feed them often. They can eat much more often than Ts that’s for sure.
Cool, thanks. They were definently deflated when I found them, so I've been going at it kind of aggressively to ensure that they can eat their way back to normal.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Cool, thanks. They were definently deflated when I found them, so I've been going at it kind of aggressively to ensure that they can eat their way back to normal.
Yeah if their rump is tiny you can definitely feed them as much as they’ll eat. They may molt faster though, if you feed them frequently. But there’s no harm in plumping them up a bit then graduating to a normal feeding schedule afterwards.

XxSpiderQueenxX

Arachnobaron
Overfeeding is not as much a risk with jumping spiders as it is Ts and stuff. Just go off abdomen size, when they are back to normal looking you should probably slow down the feedings