Is it proper?

puck4u

Arachnopeon
Hey folks,

Im just wondering:?, And this question is more directed towards people selling online. If you see something you REALLY REALLY REALLY want but think the price is a bit to high, is it proper here (on AB) to offer a lower price or even ASK if they would consider taking less:? I dont want to become "that guy" that everyone thinks is rude or a cheapie {D... It's simply that with as much searching different sites online as I have done, I have noticed a "round 'bout" pricetag when comparing "apples to apples"(appropriate to size, sex, sp...etc) that each carry, as well as the (always) high prices at the LPS (yes, I know the "mark-up to cover expenses" debate). so....with that being said, Is it ok or is it highly frowned upon:?

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
No problem with shooting people offers IMO, as long as you aren't lowballing them.

forrestpengra

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
worst thing that can happen is them say 'no'.

Lowballing isn't a great way of going about it but make a reasonable offer, it never hurts.

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
No problem with shooting people offers IMO, as long as you aren't lowballing them.
this. especially if its just someone breeding, and not a dealer.

as far as dealers go, some are just more expensive than others on certain things. some give better freebies, and some ship stuff better reducing your chances of D.O.A.'s. read reviews, the more expensive dealer might be worth going through after all, once you find negative reviews of the cheaper alternative.

Raine

Arachnopeon
I just ask what price they think is fair, and if they have neg. I ask what price they would be willing to sell it for. I try not to give a price tag on my own, because I'm too new yet to know the prices on the T's I'm looking at. But usually I find that prices on here look pretty fair, comparing with actual web sites listing their Ts for sale. :)

EDIT: I wouldn't haggle with a dealer, either! If I'm not willing to pay their price someone else will. They are not selling their collection they are selling to make money from breeding and for the love of Ts!

Last edited:

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wouldn't haggle with a dealer. With them having so much stock, I imagine it's easier for them to not have to keep track of who is getting what of which species for what price.

Someone just selling from their own personal collection, sure, i'd try to haggle if they thing(s) I really want.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have done this only once.. My spiderdude had a spider for sale I really wanted, but someone else had it for a much lower price. I told my dealer, and he lowered the price. I think if you have a preference when it comes to who you usually deal with, you can make them aware someone is selling the spider for a lower price. I find that businesspeople are generally happy for the heads up, and will possibly lower the price slightly.