Is it possible...

U

Unregistered

Today I decided to introduce my two emps to each other, but one of them, let's call it Scorpa, kept trying to kill the other one (Scorpb).

Scorpa has also eaten another emp before.

I decided that Scorpa and Scorpb weren't going to get along, so I decided to put in a tank divider. But I'm puzzled by Scorpa's antisocial behaviour.

Here's my question. After an emp eats another emp, does that turn the emp "bad?" Are all of my attempts to socialze Scorpa going to be in vain, since he has already resorted to cannibalism once?

U

Unregistered

BTW...

that was whoami?

Just in case you wanted to know.

J

johns

Originally posted by Unregistered
Today I decided to introduce my two emps to each other, but one of them, let's call it Scorpa, kept trying to kill the other one (Scorpb)

Whoami, you're one of the first people I've typed to that actually protects an emperor's identity( much like an anonymous tip or the Witness Protection Program)!:D

John

King_Looey

Arachnoprimate
Old Timer
Scorps only really get along if they are related and have been brought up together, even then its risky. Keep them seperated for their own good.

savian

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep mine well feed and all was make sure there are a few extra crickets in the tank that way instead of having any urge to eat each other they will eat a cricket. I have introduced other scorps into a tank and have had no problems I really think that it comes down to there hunger. At work my boss put to rosies toghther (not on purpose) and they didn't try to eat each other and one of them was triple the size of the other. :D ;) :)

skinhead_justic

Arachnopeon
i have three emperors in a 22 gallon tank they do fine togeather. i've never had no problems with them togeather.keep them well fed and they should be fine. karl;P

Weapon-X

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
re

yeah i figure if ya keep em well fed, and not cramped then they should be okay, what i like about petshops keeping their emps in the same tank is you can get a gravid one, which i'm going to try and do soon--Jeff;P =D ;P

P

Phillip

Emps don't go bad....

It has nothing at all to do with an Emporer going bad nor is it likely to be overcrowding. It is hunger plain and simple. I have also heard the theory of them getting along only when raised together. Again wrong. I have kept 20 adults together quite succesfully for about a year now with no incidents whatsoever and I have done it before the same way as well. None of these scorps grew up together as they were all wild caught and none have ever tried to eat any of the others. This is not because of their spacious surroundings and numerous hide areas either. They are kept in a 10 gallon with bark substrate a water dish and a piece of bark which most of them never choose to hide under. The reason they get along is that they are kept well fed at all times. Not trying to argue or shoot down anyones beliefs just trying to simplify the keeping of Emps communaly. It is not hard just don't skimp on the food kind of like when keeping kingsnakes and milksnakes together there aren't any problems unless you get stingy with the food then there are problems. Hope that helps.

Phil

Jason Brantley

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Generally, Emperors are cool with each other. Just separate the aggressive one if it's always going all agro on everybody else.

Stugy

Arachnolord
Generally, Emperors are cool with each other. Just separate the aggressive one if it's always going all agro on everybody else.
y u resurrecting dead threads mate? Another 2002 thread lmao xD Ya better start performing the traditional thread revival ritual before doing this again or else you will be cursed with typos for the rest of your life! :anxious: