Is it okay to feed my Salticus Scenicus every day?

lllWolvielll

Arachnopeon
Not really. It shouldn't cause any health issues but tarantulas get to a certain point when their full or not. If they don't eat some of their food and you put more in the next day, the cycle will repeat to the point where the tarantula will molt and many insects (if not already dead) could potentially interfere with the molt . I usually limit my feeding to once a week and i recommend so too.

Based on my general knowledge of Jumping Spiders, I would say that the best option for feeding would be feeding a small - medium meal (fruit flies, aphids) every 2 - 3 days, and a medium - large meal (flies, larger aphids) around every week. My mature jumping spiders usually get fed a medium - large meal once a week, while my slings are fed a small - medium meal every 2 -3 days. I hope this helps.

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
How big the prey is is what matters when it comes to feeding them every day. Large pray, you increase time between feedings. Small pray, you decrease.

ForTW

Arachnobaron
2. Inst with one fruitfly per day? Absolutely!
Large ones? 2/3 Times a week if not once a week.

Nicole C G

Arachnoangel
Wait, I noticed something. Do you live in Texas? The address in your profile leads me to Texas. We don’t have Salticus scenicus in Texas. Can I see a picture? We do however have Salticus austinensis.