Is it ok?

Paulhodgkinson

Arachnopeon
But the book lungs seem well spread... Or am I just clinging on to a little bit of hope? hahaha

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
But the book lungs seem well spread... Or am I just clinging on to a little bit of hope? hahaha
My hubby's G pulchripes appeared male in one picture, but very female in another. Ventral sexing is not a perfect method. Try to get the next molt to know for sure. Until then, it's just educated guesses.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I wouldn't trade a Veriscolor for a P cam if you paid me. But what are @cold blood thoughts on the swap? He's a P cam crazed kind of guy.

P cams can be out, but also hide too, just like Avics.

cold blood

Staff member
maybe Psalmos arent the best then. some members dont see their specimens for weeks and months at a time.
P. cams are the genus exception, theyre pretty good display spiders, when they get older, they web less and sit in the open almost all of the time.

I wouldn't trade a Veriscolor for a P cam if you paid me. But what are @cold blood thoughts on the swap? He's a P cam crazed kind of guy.

P cams can be out, but also hide too, just like Avics.
No way, versi is more valuable, but....

the op is trading an A. avic, not a versicolor....good trade in my book as I'd say the cam is a little more valuable from a monetary standpoint.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
P. cams are the genus exception, theyre pretty good display spiders, when they get older, they web less and sit in the open almost all of the time.

No way, versi is more valuable, but....

the op is trading an A. avic, not a versicolor....good trade in my book as I'd say the cam is a little more valuable from a monetary standpoint.
for some reason I thought it was a versi. I meant, from a display point, generally, how often are P cams out? I don't get the impression they are out any more A. versi.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
IMO you can't really go wrong with a P. cam. My sub-adult girl likes to hang out in her cork tube but also comes out and sits in the open plenty; even when she's in her tube, most of the time half of her body is sticking out.

They may not be as colorful as some Avics but they have a subtle beauty, an attitude without being overly defensive, are super fast, have an awesome feeding response, and don't have the venom potency of an OW arboreal like a Pokie (though their venom isn't to be trifled with...apparently some of the most potent of any NW tarantula). Just don't underestimate their speed. You have a bit of experience with quick spiders in your GBB, but Psalmos are on a bit of a different level when it comes to that stuff...they're almost as fast as Poecs.