Is it a parasite/infection?

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I think I found out why my rosie has been acting so skittish and defensive for the past month. I've been noticing little white pebbles that crumbled when squeezed in her cage, but I thought they were just part of the peat moss. Today I saw cuddles standing with her face near the side of the cage, and whe she left it looked like a drop of elmers glue where her chelicerae had been, and realized the white pebbles were this white goop that had dried up.

Is this some sort of parasite or infection, and if so is it possible for the T to live through it?

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Na that white stuff is the end result of your T eating(T poop).... as for the stuff you saw from the fangs thats proberly just left over fluid from cleaning.
Usually skitish and defensive are not signs of parasites/infections.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well thats good, but I remember reading somewhere that white goop can be a sign of nematodes or another parasite. Also, I've had her for 3 months now and for the first 2 months she was calm and docile, now I have to put a tupperware over her when I remove the water dish for refills to prevent her from striking at me, and she jumps when I even turn her kritter keeper a little.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well the white stuff can be an indication, but that usually comes with a big time slowing of the T, they stop being defensive, they get sluggish, refuse to eat, I doubt thats what it is.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Excellent, maybe I just have a rosie who turns into an OBT near a full moon, lol.

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer
The mentioned change of behaviour can also indicate an upcomming moult. Many T's become skittish or defensive prior to a moult. It doesn't have to be that though.

Alice

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
as always, a pic would be very helpful. we can only speculate as long as we don't see what you mean ;)

Diva Satanica

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
as for the stuff you saw from the fangs thats proberly just left over fluid from cleaning.
I just noticed a perfect drip of clear fluid on my G. rosea's fangs. This would be fluid from cleaning? I've never noticed that before, but she just ate last night.

spider_fan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
When I got home from work last night there was no sign of the white goop anywhere. Perhaps it was just excrement as she appears to clean it up.