Is it a Aphonopelma hentzi ?

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I got this T from a woman who claimed it was an "oklahoma brown",what do you guys think ?

Last edited:

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I suspected that was the case,as I have a rosea,and this one looks so much like it. The only diff between the two other than size,is that my other rosea has a more color to it especially on the carapace.

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Definitely a G rosea. And a nice looking specimen too. She looks healthy. It's odd how much variation there is in the rose coloration. I have one fem like this w/ hardly any rose on the carapace and another fem that is absolutely pink up there.

With that water dish it looks like you fed her somebody's tongue.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I suspected that was the case,as I have a rosea,and this one looks so much like it. The only diff between the two other than size,is that my other rosea has a more color to it especially on the carapace.
G.rosea's actually come in quite a few different color phases. I myself, have 3 different color phases, but yeah that is definately a G.rosea. Did the lady have it as a pet or find it somewhere?

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
She had it as a pet,she said it was a female which I tend to beleive.

jeff1962

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
The reason I say I beleived it was female was because she said she had it for 7 or 8 years , I did not think males lived that long.

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
The reason I say I beleived it was female was because she said she had it for 7 or 8 years , I did not think males lived that long.
Oh then yea it probably is female, but if she got it from a sling it doesn't have to be, because G.rosea slings take forever to grow if not power-fed. Someone(I forget who) has had 1" slings, or maybe smaller, for 8 years!

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
If that's from Oklahoma...hallelujah! We have a new species to i.d.!!! :liar:

Chris