Is insecticidal soap bad for tarantulas?

Spidible

Arachnopeon
Hello. I know insecticidal soap is bad for small bugs but is it bad for tarantulas? We use it on a plant that is not near or in the same room as the tarantula, but sometimes when we have been downstairs and exposed to the insecticidal soap we will come look at the tarantula in its room. Can this result on anything bad? It is a juvenile Caribena Versicolor if that helps. Thanks.

ladyratri

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
I'd personally be really careful with anything insecticidal -- thorough washing of hands (with normal soap heh) after handling that soap or touching the plant before entering the T room.

Dry Desert

Arachnoprince
Hello. I know insecticidal soap is bad for small bugs but is it bad for tarantulas? We use it on a plant that is not near or in the same room as the tarantula, but sometimes when we have been downstairs and exposed to the insecticidal soap we will come look at the tarantula in its room. Can this result on anything bad? It is a juvenile Caribena Versicolor if that helps. Thanks.
Don't worry too much, just rinse your hands well if you are concerned.
I have 3 dogs that have regular spot flea treatment and they wander around the house as normal.
Whereas it stinks a bit for the first hour or so, if you get close, nothing has died yet.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
maybe- good luck

Spidible

Arachnopeon
If anyone knows, could you inform me on about how long it takes for insecticidal soap to dry? Thanks.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
I would be careful making sure you don't have cross contamination as insecticidal soap is topical. When I treat for pest if I have to I will only use translaminar or systemic root drench pesticides as it is quite easy to cross contaminate when using topical sprays. Not saying it can't be done but make sure you thoroughly wash you hands before doing any activities with you tarantulas and after any contact with the plants.