[Inquiry] Is Herpcult a good enclosure company

sheggster

Arachnopeon
Hi I found this website on amazon herpcult.com <edit> and anything else u could tell me thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I have been buying Herpcult for years and was a massive fan of their products. I found their quality really great at first, but they recently went on to mass produce to sell on Chewy.com and now it's a crap shoot. Several of their enclosures had arrived without enough glue to connect the acrylic joints properly, so they just fell apart when I was washing them. It's clear that the manufacturing company changed or something, also, because the vent holes on older enclosures I purchased do not match those on the newer enclosures.

So it really depends. I would happily pick up some more at a show, but I would check all the connections before walking away with them. I might just buy some acrylic adhesive to rectify the issue I've been having with them, because otherwise I love their enclosures.

As far as sizes are concerned, I find that their tall design really fills that fossorial niche after dram vial incredibly well. The lips on the top of the enclosures are great to stop bolty OW Ts before they get out, and the vent holes on the talls are perfectly placed to fill it at least halfway up with substrate and give them plenty of room to dig.

I do not care for most of their terrestrial designs because I find them too shallow, but the 6x6x8 flat style is perfect for my terrestrial dwarves.

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
they are local to the so cal area and said they allowed instore purchases at location before covid when i was looking to buy cages last year