Is her enclosure too small?

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I think it is, but the poor thing is a rescue and is in such poor health I dont want to rehome her right now if she can live in here for a few more weeks.

She is an A. avic who is 3.75 inches in legspan. I bought her in what she was living in. It is 4inches x 4inches x 8inches. Im afraid that if she molts she wont have enough room to get the exo off.

Motorkar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Can you post a picture to get a clearer view on the situation?

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Thats a pretty small enclosure for a 3.75"

I have my 2.5" avic in a 9x9x12 enclosure.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I keep all my arboreal slings in tall deli cups until they reach about 4 inches. I have a 3.5-4 inch versicolor in a tall deli cup and he seems content and is very healthy.

Embers To Ashes

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Here are some pictures. I have a few diffrent enclosures I can put her in but I dont realy want her to go through the stress of moving if she will be okay in here for alittle bit. I hate that she is in something so small. Both of my A. versis are each in a ten gallon so they have pleanty of room.

Shes munching on a roach in the pictures. You cant tell from these angles, but where her caraprase meets her abdomin is slightly deformed and her abdomen and book lungs are crooked. She was very skinny and near death when I got her. She has emproved alot and is now aproaching a healthy weight

Attachments

RyTheTGuy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Its small, but if you are waiting for her/him to get healthy, but she should be fine until then.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If it is stressed it may feel more secure in a smaller enclosure for now.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That container really doesn't look to bad, even looks like it'd have plenty of room to molt. Although i'd flip it upside down, make the top the bottom & the bottom the top. Doesn't really look stressed either.

Big_nito

TRISKELION
Old Timer
That container really doesn't look to bad, even looks like it'd have plenty of room to molt. Although i'd flip it upside down, make the top the bottom & the bottom the top. Doesn't really look stressed either.

+1... It looks fine now. Maybe 2 molts from now, it would need to be rehoused on a bigger enclosure.. Yup, u should turn it upside down so that u wont disturb its webbing everytime you open the enclosure...