Is heat tape safe for scorpions?

sloth

Arachnoknight
The title says it all. I am planning to buy a Western Hognose and was debating on whether I should use a heat pad or heat tape. If I could heat up some scorpion enclosures with the heat tape as well, then I’ll end up getting heat tape. The tape is going to be on a thermostat and controlled between 90-95 degrees Fahrenheit. If I heat up scorpions, it would most likely be from the genus Hottenttota. So can I use heat tap to heat them up? Answers and help are appreciated. Thanks

ArachnoDrew

Arachnoprince
If the heat tape will be on the side of the enclosures it will work somewhat decently but scorpions require ambient heat not contact heat like reptiles do. Best heat source will be a bulb. Either infrared or ceramic 20190804_144939.jpg

sloth

Arachnoknight
The heat source should NOT be in the bottum for scorpions
I figured bulbs would be the best option but figured I would ask just to make sure. I know scorpions dig down to escape the heat so I was planning to put it on the side. Looks like I won’t be heating up my scorpions then. Thanks for your input!

sloth

Arachnoknight
@ArachnoDrew do I have to provide supplemental heat for Hottenttota? Where I would keep them stays a solid 75-80 degrees. Closer to 80 during the day and closer to 75 at night