Is getting natural leaves and baking them/microwaving them safe to add to enclosure?

tarantulameat

Arachnosquire
Is it safe to go outside and grab leaves to add to enclosure as long as you bake them or microwave them before adding? Not really wanting to spend $10 for leaves.

Poonjab

Arachnoking
As long as you know for a fact they haven’t been sprayed with pesticides, peed on etc...

Postmalone35

Arachnosquire
Is it safe to go outside and grab leaves to add to enclosure as long as you bake them or microwave them before adding? Not really wanting to spend $10 for leaves.
Just make sure you cook them long enough. Some people use them straight from the field - there are opposing viewpoints on cooking leaves.

Scp682

Arachnoknight
I would boil them then dry thoroughly. Also be careful what kind of leaves they are as many trees have sap/resin/oils/extracts and the whole purpose of sap and botanical extracts is to control bugs. Avoid conifers (trees with needles, eg pine) and aromatic plants.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
Be mindful of where you get the stuff- your neighbors or whoever may spray their lawn or anything and you don't know about it

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
should be fine, I live right by a creek.
Anyone with a garden or lawn or farm upstream from you could be spraying anything, I'd just recommend going deep into a forest but it's really not expensive to just buy a big bag of leaf litter

tarantulameat

Arachnosquire
What's the issue with baking leaves in an oven?
I ended up buying a P. Irminia and GBB! Shipping on Thursday ;)

Anyone with a garden or lawn or farm upstream from you could be spraying anything, I'd just recommend going deep into a forest but it's really not expensive to just buy a big bag of leaf litter
Its a protected creek. Literally only on my street it doesnt go anywhere else, only thing it connects to is a duck pond also on my street.

tarantulameat

Arachnosquire
Your incorrect reply to my question to another person didn’t answer my question and wasted my time.
damn bro, saw it was u and how u recommended to not get a p. irminia so I thought I'd let u know I got one. idk u have such little acceptance with people doing stuff u dont like

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
damn bro, saw it was u and how u recommended to not get a p. irminia so I thought I'd let u know I got one. idk u have such little acceptance with people doing stuff u dont like
I asked someone else a question, not you.
Why you quoted my question to SOMEONE else does not make sense.