Is Davis pentaloris suitable for beginners?

Songbirdsingz

Arachnopeon
I noticed that Jamie's Tarantulas has the Tiger Rump in the beginner category. Are these good for novices? Any advice or tips? Pics?

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
They're easy enough to care for. Beginner friendly if you do your homework on how to care for them.
A search on this site will give you hundreds of threads to read

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I put them into the intermediate category because they are extremely fast and skittish and they are the most common species that I hear of getting away from people and getting lost. I love my girl, but she is extremely fast. I have never seen any real defensive behaviour from her, though.

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
They can be extremely fast. The only escape I ever had (which doesn't really count because I never lost sight of her) was my female bolting out of her enclosure when a cricket I had just dropped in touched her abdomen. I know that some OW arboreal Ts can be faster, but it was practically a teleport.

CommanderBacon

Arachnobaron
I've only had mine since she has been an adult, so I can't speak for the slings, but as adults they're fine. Mine is skittish and fast but pretty and always out.

She does poop like an avic, though. I have no idea how she gets poop so high up the sides of her enclosure but it looks pretty gross if I don't wipe down the walls every 6 months or so.

BennyBTamachi

Arachnosquire
Yes, can be quite fast when spooked, but that in mind, it should be no problem.

Mine (which is still a juvie), is one of my prettiest T I would say, I love it from all aspects, and is really active actually (it has some period staying hidden, but nothing too long so far, couple of weeks only)