Is Damon diadema (Amblypygi) parthenogenesis possible?

AmblypygiMomma

Arachnopeon
Hey there, I've lurked on these subs a bit since I got a gravid Damon diadema over a year ago. That female (I named her Spanky) unfortunately died, but not before her brood hatched and molted off of her back. Now, a year and a half later, I have 12 juvenile diadema siblings that are starting to get cranky with each other.

The question that I have is not actually about my 12 juveniles, but about something I saw posted on here a couple years ago: parthenogenesis. I've read in academic papers that parthenogenesis has been observed in a few species of amblypygi, but have no idea if it's at all likely to happen with D. diadema. Just wondering if anyone has had a confirmed parthenogenetic birth from one of their amblies. Thanks, and I'm excited to be on these discussion boards with y'all!

Banshee05

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would never say never, but it is most likely not possible.
BUT, I have seen many specimen within many genera and families, where females produce eggsacs without being fertilized, especially in Charontidae... mating, male produces a spermatophore but the females do not take them up, but produce an eggsac...must be a hormonell story.

Lyrognathus

Arachnosquire
Chances are she was wild caught and was mated in the wild. You're lucky to have some babies at the very least!