Is Coco Fiber/Coco Husk mix a good idea for Ts?

Dimator

Arachnopeon
Recently I came by a brick of coco husk and I'm thinking of mixing it with some coco fiber as substrate for my new spiderlings. The research I've done left me confused because some people say that it'll be ok and some others that it's a big NO,as coco husk is a bit more "chunkier".

What are your thoughts? Has anyone tried it?

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
I would just go for straight coco fiber without mixing it with other.

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
Coco fiber is good and holds burrows decently. For moisture dependent species i use a mix of peat moss, coco fiber, and vermiculite. The peat moss holds burrows better than the coco fiber but both are good options. I’ve never used coco husk but I’d just go with the coco fiber, peat moss, or a mix of the above depending on species.

Dimator

Arachnopeon
Coco fiber is good and holds burrows decently. For moisture dependent species i use a mix of peat moss, coco fiber, and vermiculite. The peat moss holds burrows better than the coco fiber but both are good options. I’ve never used coco husk but I’d just go with the coco fiber, peat moss, or a mix of the above depending on species.
so far i've used coco fiber with no problem at all. I've heard that coco husk prevents the burrow from collapsing due to its more solid nature but i don't know if something like that is true.
I think that I'll stick with coco fiber to be sure. Thanks for the input :)

Spoodfood

Feeder of Spoods
Arachnosupporter
so far i've used coco fiber with no problem at all. I've heard that coco husk prevents the burrow from corrupting due to its more solid nature but i don't know if something like that is true.
I think that I'll stick with coco fiber to be sure. Thanks for the input :)
If you want the best burrow holding substrate, I’d definitely try out peat moss too. The coco fiber does well when it’s moist but crumbles when it’s dry. Peat moss holds it very well wet or dry. That being said, Ts usually line their burrows with strong webbing anyways. Nothing wrong with plain coco fiber, I use it for my desert or arid species almost exclusively.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Recently I came by a brick of coco husk and I'm thinking of mixing it with some coco fiber as substrate for my new spiderlings. The research I've done left me confused because some people say that it'll be ok and some others that it's a big NO,as coco husk is a bit more "chunkier".

What are your thoughts? Has anyone tried it?
Never liked chunky coco products, pain to work with. Small fiber coco is best, other than topsoil. And like @ivyalmighty mentioned peat moss is good as a substrate. For Ts that are constantly making a burrow, I like to provide moss in the coco fiber so there's more structure. Even when you pack down cocofiber, it can give way and fall apart at times. Moss helps prevent this.

Dimator

Arachnopeon
Never liked chunky coco products, pain to work with. Small fiber coco is best, other than topsoil. And like @ivyalmighty mentioned peat moss is good as a substrate. For Ts that are constantly making a burrow, I like to provide moss in the coco fiber so there's more structure. Even when you pack down cocofiber, it can give way and fall apart at times. Moss helps prevent this.
Thanks for the advice. Better play it safe and ditch the coco husk