Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

is anyone working with tiger wolves?

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Taysha, May 13, 2013.

1. Taysha

Taysha Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    My aunt found a MF Hogna Aspersa during winter and I have fallen head over heels in love with her. She's huge, geourgous and certainly acts like a tiger! She's awesome and she was pregnant when I got her, so now I have babies! I'd love to work with this species as they are large and unusual in appearance. does anyone else here fool with them?
    here is my girl:
    http://i915.photobucket.com/albums/ac359/taysha94/IMG_2333_zps7e9a3243.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ciphor

Ciphor Arachnoprince

Just an FYI, they are no longer in the genus Hogna

Tigrosa aspersa (fitting it was moved into a new genus named Tigrosa hehe)

• Like Like x 1
  3. loxoscelesfear

loxoscelesfear Arachnoprince Old Timer

the young will disperse in a couple of weeks. release them or raise them. offer tiny flies or pinhead crickets. they do fine in deli cups w/ a pinch of damp moss. dessication is the wolf spider's worst foe! mist @ least every other day. aspersa live in burrows or beneath debris in the wild. i find them along the edge of woods in moist clay soil and hunting beneath night lights. i imagine the females can live a couple of years.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.