Is a big Liphistius sp. communal possible?

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
People have definitely kept them communally without problems, but there’s always a chance of things going wrong (especially if you don’t provide lots of floor space).

the liphistius guy

Arachnopeon
People have definitely kept them communally without problems, but there’s always a chance of things going wrong (especially if you don’t provide lots of floor space).
3"/4" ones? I thought that in the wild bigger ones usually have several meters (sometimes even more) separating each other, as their triplines can spread out quite far.

ReignofInvertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
3"/4" ones? I thought that in the wild bigger ones usually have several meters (sometimes even more) separating each other, as their triplines can spread out quite far.
Maybe they do. I recall someone posting on here about a communal tank but I can’t find it now. I think @basin79 has some experience with these.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Maybe they do. I recall someone posting on here about a communal tank but I can’t find it now. I think @basin79 has some experience with these.
I have 3 Liphistius sp but they're all different and kept singularly. I know they've been kept communally and are kept communally by a member/s on here. They'd need to be given plenty of space though as sometimes they wander quite a way out of their burrows for food as slings, even if they're not always successful like my L. sp Khao Luang sling here.

DDE55032-5214-4510-82EC-ECECBCC87CB4.gif

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I have seen multiple successful communals. The trick is that unlike with other communal invertebrates you have to give a bit more thought to where each specimen might go.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I would seriously suggest only ever performing communals with sac mates and sling sized individuals. It can work not doing it this way, but you'll have the most success. Ive had many trapdoors suddenly decide to relocate their burrow after a week so putting them in together may result in them encountering and eating each other. If you let them establish a burrow from a small size, they are far less likely to leave it as they grow