Irminia Info Also

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I have my 3 inch P. Irminia in an 8 in tall deli container with cork bark and fake plants. I know they like it humid, but the enclosure is too small for a water dish. How many times per week should I mist?

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
What substrate do you use, and how deep is it? And has your irminia become arboreal, or still burrowing?

I really only mist once a week, and do fine. I only have about 2" of substrate for Psalmo's once they stop burrowing, and they web up all over their deli cup.

Sharpy808

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I also only mist mine about every or everyother week, but she has a 5"x1" deep water dish in a 10gallon set up vertically, 1-1/2" coconut husk, 4"x12" corkbrak tube.

As far as your enclosure being to small for a water dish, I just use 2-liter soda bottle caps. They are nice and deep and dont dry out to fast and the T will find it without any problem.

My female is 4 years old now and has gone at least 6 weeks without being misted before without and problems at all (not intentional, self-employed and get way to busy :wall: ) She regularly comes out at sundown and cruises down to the water dish for a sip.

Good luck with your T, you will love it. Except come enclosure movin time ;) Telleporters for sure

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Thanks for the info. I have about 2 inches of substrate in there, but she has started webbing between 2 pieces of bark and snatches crickets up quickly. I don't think she will burrow, seems happy.