Iridopelma sp. Recife emerging from the sac

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I just checked on these yesterday and there was no sign of activity. This morning was a different story. Mom was very calm, until I used a syringe to fill the water dish and hydrate the substrate-then she turned into psycho mom and began to imitate a Pterinochilus murinus (OBT). LOL These are so much fun. I know she wouldn't hesitate to tag me if I got too close.
1/2 of this sac belongs to Bluefrogtattoo. Many thanks for the male, Andy!
Diane

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
dang those are cute looking slings!
They're still 1st instar. From their dark and shiny appearance I'm guessing they'll be molting into 2nd instar in the next few days. They are really gorgeous spiderlings. I'll post some updated photos when they molt.
Diane

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Nice job!!:clap:
Gotta love letting slings hatch with mom!
-Chris

dianedfisher

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Nice job!!:clap:
Gotta love letting slings hatch with mom!
-Chris
I honestly think I get more pleasure out of this part than any of the rest. I like the sense of satisfaction that I get when I find a new sac, but watcing this inter-action between mom and the spiderlings and the spiderlings and each other is what keeps me breeding. Feeding everything I own has become a huge "chore" but this helps keep me going. I'm lucky to have a group of friends who understand what makes me tick and offer me the opportunity to leave the sacs with the mother spider understanding that sometimes the 50/50 count may be skewed a little due to the circumstances.
I love this hobby and my spider friends. {D{D{D
Diane

Zman181

Arachnoknight
I honestly think I get more pleasure out of this part than any of the rest. I like the sense of satisfaction that I get when I find a new sac, but watcing this inter-action between mom and the spiderlings and the spiderlings and each other is what keeps me breeding. Feeding everything I own has become a huge "chore" but this helps keep me going. I'm lucky to have a group of friends who understand what makes me tick and offer me the opportunity to leave the sacs with the mother spider understanding that sometimes the 50/50 count may be skewed a little due to the circumstances.
I love this hobby and my spider friends. {D{D{D
Diane
;) Really like the way you expressed yourself.

Congratulations.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Aww, they're so cute! I didn't think any tarantula emerged from the sac without its fuzziness.

Bosing

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Congratulations!!! I have two juveniles that I'm waiting to mature...