IRBA shows

Hairyspider

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello, There is an up comming IRBA show and sale in my area San Mateo CA. Has any one ever attended these shows and what could I expect?. Also do they have many Invert. vendors?
I have just purchased my second tarantula, G.rosea, my other is an A.versicolor. I'm in search of an B. smithi female, for a resonable price, so far they seem to be some what expensive. If any one can point me in the right dirrection on the B. smithi hunt would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

William

Professor T

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by Hairyspider
Hello, There is an up comming IRBA show and sale in my area San Mateo CA. Has any one ever attended these shows and what could I expect?. Also do they have many Invert. vendors?
I have just purchased my second tarantula, G.rosea, my other is an A.versicolor. I'm in search of an B. smithi female, for a resonable price, so far they seem to be some what expensive. If any one can point me in the right dirrection on the B. smithi hunt would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

William
William,

I got my B. smithi at a Florida Reptile show from: Inland Sea, PO Box 588, Mount Dora, FL 32756
Phone (352) 383-8149
FAX (352) 383-6231.

They had the best price at the show, I don't know if they have any currently, but they were very knowledgable, very friendly, and worth a look if you are shopping around. Good luck!

Last edited:

atavuss

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Hairyspider

Thanks

William
William, I went to the last IRBA show in San Mateo and there were only several invert vendors (they were actually reptile vendors with some inverts on display for sale). if I remember correctly one of the vendors had a decent display of different t's, there were juv t. blondis (around 6" or so, don't remember price), 3" unsexed b. smithis for 50.00 (if memory serves me), and there were about 4-4" or so g. pulchras (they were unsexed) for 85.00 each, I can't remember what else was there but there were probably 50 or 75 inverts for sale at one vendor, the other vendor had a smaller selection. feel free to haggle with the vendors, especially on the last day of the show when they might be more willing to take a lower price.
BTW, you can print a online coupon at the
www.IRBA. com
site for a discount to get in.
the shows in San Diego are supposedly the largest shows on the west coast, lots and lots of reptile dealers.........a handful of invert dealers.
there is a reptile show in Sacramento I believe the first week of August at the Sacramento Convention Center also.
Ed

Last edited: