Question iOS app for forums

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I tried to search and had no luck. Sadly iOS and app are too short and none of my other search ideas turned up anything. I'm going to write out iPhone application, so this post is searchable for future users.

What apps for iPhone and iPad can be used to browse the boards? Tapatalk is the one I used way back, but it seems to have been borked in the last update. I'm really hopeful there's another option.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
The new provider for the forums actually has mobile support built in. I used to use Tapatalk as well, and it's actually better now than it used to be with that app.

Just use your native web browser, all is well on it :) But don't hold your breath on optimization for an app. Given how well this site runs natively, I very much doubt they'll be adding support any time soon... if at all.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Does that native function for iPhone like safari and chrome? I much prefer chrome. Haven't had a chance to load on my phone yet. My iPad isn't bad so far, but the links are tiny in some cases.

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Does that native function for iPhone like safari and chrome? I much prefer chrome. Haven't had a chance to load on my phone yet. My iPad isn't bad so far, but the links are tiny in some cases.
I'm running Chrome on an Android device, and it works perfectly fine. I wouldn't say the links are small at all. I have noticed that the site looks nicer in landscape rather than in portrait.

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Working well on my iPhone, but I had to switch to safari. I'll probably make a homepage shortcut for it on phone and iPad now.

Thanks for the help :)

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
I just logged on to ask the same question myself, an app would be marvellous... What BB system is being used? I'm a webgeek, see.

edesign

AB FB Group Moderatr
Old Timer
I've never understood using an app when a perfectly good mobile version exists for any page. Just need more icons in your app drawer? :p Lol, I tend to keep apps to a minimum on my phone though. I've only used the mobile version for AB, always in portrait (I hate using landscape for anything but videos), no problems with out-of-date Chrome or FF for Android.

But, yeah, what would be gained with an app?