Iomachus politus couple

Mr_81

Arachnopeon
I had an wonderful opportunity to follow one of my Iomachus politus couple mating and I also managed grab a picture about that (in UV-light)

Iomachus politus couple mating (UV-light)

John Bokma

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
very nice! I recorded the mating of a C. flavopictus flavopictus couple, but still have to edit it, and make it available online :)

Mark Newton

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
That is amazing. First image I have seen of mating with young on a females back. Does this species store sperm?

EAD063

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
That is amazing. First image I have seen of mating with young on a females back. Does this species store sperm?
Same with me, I've yet to see a picture like that, doesn't surprise me in the least though, I've mated less than 2 weeks after partuation before. Mark, I belive only select buthids can store sperm, this belongs to Hemiscorpidae so one would guess no.... don't hold me to that though, it could be the extact opposite knowing me and my bloody selective memory.

Andre2

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well, although the movie does not work correctly on my pc, this has to be one of the best pics on this entire board!

I have kept 100's of scorpions, but if you had told me that this had happened I would not have believed you..

Great!