Invertory - world's first invertebrate inventory tracker (TARANTULAS TOO)

ToxoHP

Arachnopeon

Invertory is a mobile application that allows users to keep tracking of their exotic invertebrate inventories. This is ideal for all you tarantula guys to keep track of all your big collections!

It will include tons of features such as sharing care sheets, custom variables, data visualisation and a whole lot more to be announced soon.

Head to the Facebook page for updates as they come. We are planning a release on early 2019!

https://www.facebook.com/invertoryapp/

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
there is already a tarantula app out there. i hate it. i hope this will be an improvement. honestly, i dont see much use to the things. pen and paper works just fine.

ToxoHP

Arachnopeon
there is already a tarantula app out there. i hate it. i hope this will be an improvement. honestly, i dont see much use to the things. pen and paper works just fine.
Once you try ours out, your pen and paper will be become a thing of the past ;)

Minty

@londontarantulas

Invertory is a mobile application that allows users to keep tracking of their exotic invertebrate inventories. This is ideal for all you tarantula guys to keep track of all your big collections!

It will include tons of features such as sharing care sheets, custom variables, data visualisation and a whole lot more to be announced soon.

Head to the Facebook page for updates as they come. We are planning a release on early 2019!

https://www.facebook.com/invertoryapp/
Which permissions does it require to install and why does it need them?

DanBsTs

Dan (Not Even Cool) the Man
Will this be available on ios? I have the tarantula app and that works well enough but I have to use my old android phone as it’s not available for iPhone. Would be nice to not have to jump between phones. :shifty:

Minty

@londontarantulas
Personally, I just use a spreadsheet.

ToxoHP

Arachnopeon
Will this be available on ios? I have the tarantula app and that works well enough but I have to use my old android phone as it’s not available for iPhone. Would be nice to not have to jump between phones. :shifty:
Will be available on iOS and Android

ToxoHP

Arachnopeon
Which permissions does it require to install and why does it need them?
Don't have that full information yet. Will be stating this closer to the time. But we won't be spying on you, don't worry.

We'll be working with the community as it develops so we can include as much of what everyone wants as possible, so we can release a product everyone will be satisfied with.

Potatatas

Arachnoknight
Have been recently looking for a good way of keeping records. Tried the tarantula app but wasn't a fan.

Personally, I just use a spreadsheet.
Would love to see how you lay out your spreadsheet! Have been playing around with different lyouts the last 2 days

chanda

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Ok, so I've never used any sort of app - or even a spreadsheet - to track my specimens. I have species labels, some of which include sex, on most of my enclosures (those that I've brought in to the classroom or used for a demonstration), plus color-coded post-it notes on each cage with care specifications so my husband knows what to do when I'm out of town and he has to deal with them. (green=feed veggies/fruit, blue=water only, yellow=feed crickets (with how many, what size, and how often written in), pink=empty cage, orange=no care needed). I also have a few post-it notes for myself, with information like molt dates, maturation date, or date an egg sac was laid or babies hatched out. Obviously, this is not the best system for keeping track of things, as post it notes sometimes fall off, plus they don't really look all that attractive - though when I go out of town, the color coded notes do make care easier for my husband.

So... will this new app have places to enter pertinent data about individual specimens, like molt dates, when the specimen matured, when it was mated, and when eggs were laid or babies hatched out?

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
My methods of record keeping are just a folder on my PC with a bunch of .txt files. I write molt dates, rehousings and the dates I catch a male making a sperm web so I can give that info to a breeder. Everything else just isn't that important to me.

ToxoHP

Arachnopeon
Ok, so I've never used any sort of app - or even a spreadsheet - to track my specimens. I have species labels, some of which include sex, on most of my enclosures (those that I've brought in to the classroom or used for a demonstration), plus color-coded post-it notes on each cage with care specifications so my husband knows what to do when I'm out of town and he has to deal with them. (green=feed veggies/fruit, blue=water only, yellow=feed crickets (with how many, what size, and how often written in), pink=empty cage, orange=no care needed). I also have a few post-it notes for myself, with information like molt dates, maturation date, or date an egg sac was laid or babies hatched out. Obviously, this is not the best system for keeping track of things, as post it notes sometimes fall off, plus they don't really look all that attractive - though when I go out of town, the color coded notes do make care easier for my husband.

So... will this new app have places to enter pertinent data about individual specimens, like molt dates, when the specimen matured, when it was mated, and when eggs were laid or babies hatched out?
Yes it will have ALL of that and more. It will even support custom variables and fields so you can track whatever you want. Will also help you track feeders and anything else. We have a very clean UI that represents things very well and isn't confusing. More will come out soon.

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Agreed entirely! We are on our second notebook of records for our collection just from the past few years.

In thr past, I made a spreadsheet template that I printed out blank copies of and wrote in the details.

We keep track of species, sex, acquisition date/place, molts, feedings, breedings, and sacs laid... Each and every sling I produce gets their own record page starting when they are separated at 2i.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I guess my first questions are:

Will i have to pay for it? i am a tightwad and i won't buy an app for my phone, though i am perfectly fine Non-obstructive ads as long as they are appropriate material for any age group.

2. Will there be a desktop version? I am a fan of using an actual computer (preferably linux compatible) instead of a phone for everthing. (Yeah, i know i am weird...)

3.When you say tracking invertebrates is it safe to assume that it will have not just tarantulas but also true spiders, myriopods, insects, etc? could it be used for other animals like fish, reptiles, mammals?

Interested to see it when it comes out.

StampFan

Arachnodemon
I'm with you, I've played with various apps, and I just don't see any advantage over pen and paper for speed, convenience, and overall use. Even an excel spreadsheet isn't as useful as a notebook.

Theneil

Arachnoprince
I'm with you, I've played with various apps, and I just don't see any advantage over pen and paper for speed, convenience, and overall use. Even an excel spreadsheet isn't as useful as a notebook.

I would like to see one (preferably for an actual computer) that just makes filling in a spreadsheet faster. Then i would thinknit might be better than pen and paper. i use the tarantula app but have slowly begun using it less and less because it takes too long to do things like adding molts because you have to find the tarantula, open up the info, find the right spot, add the info...

i want to be able, from the main screen of the program to type in an identifying string and additional parameters to add data to a spider without searching for it. Something along the lines of:
Balbo3 -f -r (which would add a feeding and rehouse for the current date to the spider "Balbo3")

ToxoHP

Arachnopeon
I would like to see one (preferably for an actual computer) that just makes filling in a spreadsheet faster. Then i would thinknit might be better than pen and paper. i use the tarantula app but have slowly begun using it less and less because it takes too long to do things like adding molts because you have to find the tarantula, open up the info, find the right spot, add the info...

i want to be able, from the main screen of the program to type in an identifying string and additional parameters to add data to a spider without searching for it. Something along the lines of:
Balbo3 -f -r (which would add a feeding and rehouse for the current date to the spider "Balbo3")
Thanks for the info. We had a plan to have a single entry box where you could type a description of what happened and it would automatically update the info, such as ‘T. blondi 3 moulted to adult’, or use the spiders names given by the users, so ‘Webster the P. Metallica ate a roach’. The app would then convert this into a data entry.

This is also along side the conventional way of entering data by finding the spider by typing or searching, and adding the data yourself.

ToxoHP

Arachnopeon
I guess my first questions are:

Will i have to pay for it? i am a tightwad and i won't buy an app for my phone, though i am perfectly fine Non-obstructive ads as long as they are appropriate material for any age group.

2. Will there be a desktop version? I am a fan of using an actual computer (preferably linux compatible) instead of a phone for everthing. (Yeah, i know i am weird...)

3.When you say tracking invertebrates is it safe to assume that it will have not just tarantulas but also true spiders, myriopods, insects, etc? could it be used for other animals like fish, reptiles, mammals?

Interested to see it when it comes out.
Current plan is to have a free version with unobstructive ads and slightly limited features, then a premium version for a small one time price without ads and all features.

As for a desktop app, we haven’t discussed that, but for sure we can look into it. Wouldn’t be too tricky! Of course a PC has FAR more capabilities so we’d love to make a seperate more capable version for the PC that takes advantage of the extra power, but that will require extra development time, so definitely something for the future.

And for your last question, the app currently is focused on mantis, tarantulas, centipedes and all other invertebrates. We have the plan to expand to reptiles, but of course this adds more challenges, so we want to nail the invertebrate version first. However, the ability to create custom variables and so on will still alllow you to keep track of your reptiles.