• The Review forums are closed to new reviews.

Please use our new Reviews & Reports section to leave reviews.

Information on how to use our new Reviews section can be found in our Tutorials forum.

Invertepet (www.invertepet.com)

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Computers and "Invertepet" don't mix

I had ordered a sexed pair of A. pterygocerus some time back (actually, according to paypal, the date funds were sent was March 26, 2003). One of the two died while Bill was on vacation, which was immediately prior to his stated shipping date (according to a previous E-mail I had saved, as I did all of them, considering the sum of $255.00), and I had conversed with him through E-mail about what he could replace them with over a period of time, but I received notice from him, that his shipping the newly requested inverts the week of supposed shipment was delayed somewhat, and that he would ship them early the next week. They never arrived and I received no notice from Bill of what the situation was, until I had success in contacting him again, several weeks later. I spoke with Bill several times (that I actually received a reponse, which was during the period of time that he was suffering from server and/or computer problems), one of which a refund was requested back in December '03 for the total sum. I was asked kindly to await until after the holiday season, as everyone almost always seems to be "broke" from all the gift giving and such, which was understandable to me (heck it's Christmas). As of now, May 1, 2004, I have yet to receive a refund or anything to compensate for the funds. I still request a refund of the full amount paid of $255.00, rather than replacement of the order (I may soon be getting out of the hobby as I am apparently being forced to move to a place which it will not be allowed), and hope that this time, there will be no computer problems and such to prevent the transaction from occuring. This is not a statement made to hurt Bill or his business in any way, but to forwarn anyone of the computer and/or server problems he has had over the past year and to get his attention and reply if the E-mail I sent earlier does not go through (I noticed he has the E-mail may not work notice up on his site this AM). Just to let all know, my first purchase (was while I was still in the ARMY, so he most likely does not remember it) from Bill was completed within a one week and two day time frame and I was nothing but pleased.

adios,
edw. :?

Last edited:

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
NEGATIVE

i ordered three tarantulas from bill last july (2003) and was told he had them in stock and would send them the next week. he never sent them and later told me he didn't have them instock. i take it he either sold the t's i had already paid for to someone else, or he never had them in stock to begin with.... to make a long story short bill was extremely unresponsive to email, and unhelpful. he kept telling me he would send me my order plus freebies. being the good natured person i am, i was patient and decided to wait for him to send me something (plus freebies) instead of demanding a refund. well i should have demanded a refund, b/c here it is 10 months later and i have still not recieved my order.

my main complaint is that bill is so unresponsive to absolutely any form of communication. i would send him 5-10 emails and recieve a short reply a month later. i have called the number given on his website and his new number probably no less than 75 to 100 times in the last year and he has not answered it one time! i even wrote him a letter snail mail (which was never responded to of course). i sent him multiple emails almost all of which were unresponded to. of the the probably 80 to 150 emails i have sent him this last year only a handful were responded to in a timely manner.

probably the most frustrating part of this (besides my completely wasted time and $96) is the fact that i don't know if he has been lying to me all this time. i was told by others to demand my refund months ago, but i gave bill the benefit of the doubt with his multiple reasons for never sending me anything. however i am done giving him the benefit of the doubt. unless he is dead, i am just assuming bill lied to me for nearly a year and screwed me out of my time, and my $96. (and while i am ranting i should point out that my hours have been cut at work so it is especially galling to me to know i have pissed away all that money for nothing.)

i know his website is down so you couldn't order if you wanted to, but from my experience i would recommend never ordering from bill. i personally wouldn't trust him to give me change for a dollar.

and just so you all know i really hate writing this nasty review here, and i really hate badmouthing a person like this, especially when i know it may affect their livelyhood. i have not heard from bill since febuary. over the last several weeks i have left several messages on his answering machine, and several emails informing him i need a refund by this date or i would be writing this review and taking other measures to get my money back.

once again, i don't like doing this. and i'm sure bill won't appreciate this review, but it is not coming down or getting modified until i recieve a full refund.

xBurntBytheSunx

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
satisfied

well i finally got a hold of bill and worked a deal out. he sent me a 4" female b. smithi so i thought that was a pretty fair deal, considering it would cost propbably twice what i paid him if i was to buy it from somewhere else. it took a long time, but i was glad we could work something out.