Answered Invalid Account Email Situation - Gmail addresses only

Liquifin

Arachnoking
@Liquifin here with a problem here. This is actually Liquifin here on another or should I say secondary account trying to ask for help to recover my account. I know I was told not to sign up for another account but I need help. To get straight to the point is that my account email recently was stated as "Invalid" and I need your help.

There is quite a flawed loop-hole here that is causing a problem for me and my (Liquifin) account. First is that my (Liquifin) account is accessed by connecting/linking via. Google. So what this does is basically signing in using my Google Account, bypassing the need of an account password. The flaw comes in when the "Invalid Email Notification" states I need to change my email which requires an actual account password. So basically I cannot do anything on my end. I have tried to disassociate the account with google and tried to send my email a "password request" but to no avail.

I even tried to link the (Liquifin) account to the current email that this (Miles Lo) account I'm using. Which I think it made the situation a bit more hectic as the @Liquifin account was either overwritten or replaced with this current account I'm using due to trying to connect accounts between the Liquifin Arachnoboards account and the Google account email which is this account. Basically speaking, every time I tried to log in now via. Google, it just connects to this (Miles Lo) account. At the moment I cannot access or find a way to my Liquifin account. I have a screen shot of this "email notification" on my Liquifin account before it got lost if you need it, but I ask if it's possible to recover or fix this issue. I couldn't send any PM's on my Liquifin account because the email was stated as invalid, preventing the use of the account on PM, Creating threads, or troubleshooting. This is why I'm using this account to ask for help. Please help if possible.

The easy fix would be if the email used for my Liquifin account was re-instated as valid which is the easier route. If possible, I would like to get access to my Liquifin account again since it's been overwritten or something by this account (via. google email).

For now, this substitute account is going to have to be me until I can get my @Liquifin account back.

Account Invalid Email.jpg

Albireo Wulfbooper

Arachnoprince
I got the same message earlier but thankfully didn't sign up by linking my google account. Had to re-send confirmation email several times before one finally came through. Seems like the forum had quite a hiccup!

Schiem

Arachnopeon
I wonder if it had to do with the Google outage yesterday, so messages the site attempted to send were bounced, and the email address was marked as invalid. I had the same issue, I just had to go in to the 'change email' link and enter the same email address, then click the link that was sent to my email.

EnigmaNyx

Arachnoknight
@Liquifin here with a problem here. This is actually Liquifin here on another or should I say secondary account trying to ask for help to recover my account. I know I was told not to sign up for another account but I need help. To get straight to the point is that my account email recently was stated as "Invalid" and I need your help.

There is quite a flawed loop-hole here that is causing a problem for me and my (Liquifin) account. First is that my (Liquifin) account is accessed by connecting/linking via. Google. So what this does is basically signing in using my Google Account, bypassing the need of an account password. The flaw comes in when the "Invalid Email Notification" states I need to change my email which requires an actual account password. So basically I cannot do anything on my end. I have tried to disassociate the account with google and tried to send my email a "password request" but to no avail.

I even tried to link the (Liquifin) account to the current email that this (Miles Lo) account I'm using. Which I think it made the situation a bit more hectic as the @Liquifin account was either overwritten or replaced with this current account I'm using due to trying to connect accounts between the Liquifin Arachnoboards account and the Google account email which is this account. Basically speaking, every time I tried to log in now via. Google, it just connects to this (Miles Lo) account. At the moment I cannot access or find a way to my Liquifin account. I have a screen shot of this "email notification" on my Liquifin account before it got lost if you need it, but I ask if it's possible to recover or fix this issue. I couldn't send any PM's on my Liquifin account because the email was stated as invalid, preventing the use of the account on PM, Creating threads, or troubleshooting. This is why I'm using this account to ask for help. Please help if possible.

The easy fix would be if the email used for my Liquifin account was re-instated as valid which is the easier route. If possible, I would like to get access to my Liquifin account again since it's been overwritten or something by this account (via. google email).

For now, this substitute account is going to have to be me until I can get my @Liquifin account back.

View attachment 369067
Yep same here! It’s EnigmaNyx here, and I promise mods I won’t use the secondary account once the primary is back.

Reached out to Deb right when it happened, and she said they’re looking into it now.

Thought I got banned hehe 😏

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
<Admin Note>

It's not the forum having the problem, it's gmail. The forum is working as it should. When an email bounces back from the address on file (the one you created your account with), if it's a hard bounce (like when gmail is saying your account doesn't exist, which is the problem here) then the account is put in Email Invalid (bounced) status. There's currently about 3 pages of bounced emails, all gmail addresses. If you're having this issue we can fix it, at least temporarily as any time your email hard bounces this will happen again. If you have a different address then gmail, switching to that is the only valid fix at this time.

Signing up for another account is NEVER (I would make that font bigger if I could) the correct action to take. There is always the Contact Us form that can be filled out and while you may not get an answer immediately, you will get an answer.

If you are currently experiencing this issue, post in here and we'll get it (at least temporarily fixed). Please note: If you change your email address, you will have to click on the link in the verification email that will be sent to the email address you changed it to.

@Miles Lo / @Liquifin
You pretty much made your own situation worse. Please disconnect your liquifin google account from the miles lo arachnoboards account and we'll see what we can do once that's done.

@Schiem

Spot on :D

Liquifin

Arachnoking
Al
<Admin Note>

It's not the forum having the problem, it's gmail. The forum is working as it should. When an email bounces back from the address on file (the one you created your account with), if it's a hard bounce (like when gmail is saying your account doesn't exist, which is the problem here) then the account is put in Email Invalid (bounced) status. There's currently about 3 pages of bounced emails, all gmail addresses. If you're having this issue we can fix it, at least temporarily as any time your email hard bounces this will happen again. If you have a different address then gmail, switching to that is the only valid fix at this time.

Signing up for another account is NEVER (I would make that font bigger if I could) the correct action to take. There is always the Contact Us form that can be filled out and while you may not get an answer immediately, you will get an answer.

If you are currently experiencing this issue, post in here and we'll get it (at least temporarily fixed). Please note: If you change your email address, you will have to click on the link in the verification email that will be sent to the email address you changed it to.

@Miles Lo / @Liquifin
You pretty much made your own situation worse. Please disconnect your liquifin google account from the miles lo arachnoboards account and we'll see what we can do once that's done.

@Schiem

Spot on :D
Alright, I'll do just that.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
You should be able to log back into the liquifin account now.

NYAN

Arachnoking
I experienced the same issue. I ended up requesting a new email verification to both my old and a new gmail account, but the links never sent. I contacted support using the link from this thread, to have a new link manually sent to the new email, and that has worked so far.

Almadabes

Arachnoknight
Thanks for solving my email issues at work. Had no idea google was down.

Didnt put together that every kickback was from google... So i thought something was up with my email address or my outlook settings. Lott of wasted time.

MrDeranged

He Who Rules
Staff member
Most recent news that I've read is that google fixed the issue (at around 4pm PST) so emails should no longer bounceback (if it was actually fixed).

If your account is still locked out due to this, please request that a new confirmation email be sent to your email address. Once you reverify your email address, your account should be unlocked. If you are still experiencing an issue after that, please use the contact us form to let us know you are experiencing the issue and what your username and email address are.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Regards,
MrD