introducing my children.....

jmarcian@mix.wv

Arachnopeon
since a few are being camera shy right now, ill start out with what i could capture with a camera at the moment. i will add on as time goes on.

Jefferson Davis: Haplopelma hainanum, right now he or she is about a year and a half old. Jefferson loves his burrow, but has be strutting his stuff for the past week. I would guess his leg span is about 4 inches right now....

my favorite pic \/

Jefferson lives in a 10 gallon aquarium and this will most likely be the home for the rest of his life.
birds eye view \/ (you can see Jefferson in the bottom right....)

front view \/ (burrow on far right...)

think its all peat moss?...........

more to come

Last edited:

Hobo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Staff member
You can't link photos from flickr that way, apparently.
Try using photobucket instead, it's a lot easier.

Went through your flickr album anyway, great pics, interesting burrower setup.:)

jmarcian@mix.wv

Arachnopeon
thanks amigo! got it all straightened out!

Next we have, Abraham Lincoln. Poecilotheria Metallica, i would say he around 6-7 months old.

silhouette style

Right now, he is in a simple little container. When he/she matures she will go in this enclosure. It is a 20L on end. (my choice for large arboreal spiders). This is the front, as the viewer would see it.

and this is the back, which i hope abe will use as his retreat...

Not 100% completed, I may still add a few more features...

jmarcian@mix.wv

Arachnopeon
Robert E Lee, Chilobrachys fimbriatus. Robert is, i would say, a little under a year old. I make this guess because i got him in july of 2010 and he was about 2 inches long, now he is a little over three. He is definitely the most voracious eater that i have....

Right now, he lives in a 2.5gallon, but is quickly out growing it {D

finally got these pics resized, sorry for the bigger ones above.

If anyone has the ability to sex any of these T's dorsally, (i know, i know) feel free to drop your 2cents....