Introduce Yourself

Arachnoheebs

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Arachnoheebs speak!!

Hey to all...
I had a strange 1st experience yesterday. After working all day, I came home to find a mature male Avic Avic who decided he would have a POST-ultimate molt! Little <poo poo>!! Well, after a little surgical procedure, he is fine. However, he had already ripped off a pedipalp and one of his legs. He was stuck on one side and started to harden, needless to say, he appears as if he's a minor stroke, but getting around his home ok. We will see. ???? Any advise?? I will post personal info about us later!
Thx....
The Arachnoheeb Family

Last edited by a moderator:

demicheru

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hm. i'm 23 (i'm pretty sure...it's late). i'm starting my final year as an electrical engineering student and am currently very excited because a) i just got hired at Jet Propulsion Laboratories for the summer and b) for my senior project, i get to build a home-made Segway. I've been been interested in inverts/herps for a while, but am just now getting to the point where it's fiscally appropriate to keep my own. i don't have many now, but, after spending the past month or so reading about all the really amazing t's and scorps out there, i think i'll get quite a few.

more about me....um, i really like my old toys still [transformers, legos(i really want the Ferrari Enzo lego set), etc] and i read more than just about anyone i know. atm, i'm a (much) bigger math dork than i am an invert dork, but that could change.

oh, here's sort of what i look like.
http://www.arachnoboards.com/ab/showpost.php?p=474910&postcount=3316

-philip

aranchedude

Arachnopeon
hi {D my name is arjun i live in india and am only 14yrs i ve had an intrest in spider since i was twelve i joined arachnoboars 4 all info possible i have only one wild caught signature spider that is a year old and has moulted once or twice it is a female just a little more than an inch

Lunatia

Arachnopeon
Hi, I'm Sebastien Van Hoorebeke , i'm 20 and live in Belgium and study Psychology. I've been interested in Arachnids since i started watching NGC at the age of 14 but i haven't been able to acquire one while i live in my parents house :wall: but i'm moving out soon to my own place and i will start with some scorps then. I'm thinking of getting a Hadrurus arizonensis or a Smeringurus mesaensis, i still have to make up my mind :)

I'm offcourse planning once i'm feeling comfortable around scorps (not handling wise but security wise comfortable :rolleyes: ) to try to get a Hottentotta jayakari salei (they look amazing imo) even tho i don't know if they are available :)

Well thats about it.

Greetings

king7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
hi my names jordan from Blackpool,uk.im 23 years old,have a girlfriend and 2 kids.been keeping tarantula's for ten years and still learning.joining the forums to learn more about tarantula's and peoples experiences with them,share pics ect.

cya around :)

furryscaly

Arachnopeon
What's happenin? I'm Matt. New here, but not new to inverts. Been keeping small exotic pets all my life. I'm 19 and from North Dakota, but now I'm in the Air Force and life in Maryland. I have over 50 pets, most of them herps. Very interested in Ts, scorps, and pretty much any creepy crawly, but alas, the fanciest T I've ever kept is an A. seemani :rolleyes:

cloud711

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hello everyone!!!

hi everyone im roy from the Philippines. Im 20 years old. a newbie who's very interested in having a pet tarantula and scorpion. Right now i dont have any, but im planning on getting one soon. It's hard to find a petshop selling t's here in the Philippines. :( I hope that more people in the Philippines would become ineterested in T's.

refnulf

Arachnopeon
Hey there, Im Refnulf from Malaysia and I have been reading numerous threads on the arachnoboards for the past week or so and I have learnt alot about tarantulas {D Anyway, I decided to register today because I will be acquiring a Costa Rican Zebra Tarantula on Saturday {D Well, a spiderling but I hope that it'll be alright with me till it grows up a little. It's about 2cm legspan.

I am new to tarantulas and had no clue whatsoever about them a week or so ago but I think I have an idea on what to do and where to go for help if I ever need it. The dealer that's selling me the spiderling is a friend and he has about 600+ tarantulas. Most of em are wildcaught and he's been a ton of help as well with the amount of questions I've been asking him over the last couple of days.

Anyway, I'd appreciate any information about rearing spiderlings although I've already read what I could find online. I thought I'd start with a docile taratula first before moving on to the tarantula that I really like (the King Baboon) :clap: Might be a while before I'm experienced enough to handle him.

All in all, great to be here and I think you guys are very experienced in this field. I've gone through a ton of threads and have been very well informed about Ts :) You guys rock.

lamontdecol

Arachnopeon
hello everyone

Im new to this site, or any spider site for that matter. I have gotten myself a computer now and am ready to jump into the spider superhighway. Im from louisiana but work in texas so I get a great varity of spiders to play with. Im also a fan of scorpions and snakes. Well glad to be in a great community and hope to learn some things.

Lamont

Droften

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone my name is Droften and I am impressed to see so many people in a site for tarantula's! I own several and spend allot of time with them, most of my family thinks I am crazy for keeping such exotic pets. Oh well I can see by the number of members here that I am not alone!

reptimike

Arachnopeon
Hello

Hello All ,

My name is Michaël 26 years old married and i have a boy Tjorvën who is 8 months old .
I live in Brugges Belgium and work there as well .
Have retaking an old hobby witch now i'm on the market again with spiderlings from a.versicolor and p.irminia .

greetz to you all

weyman93

Arachnopeon
newkid in arachnoboards

hi my name is weyland - (weyman93)...

I am new here but I read lots from my dad - (darkeye) and others.
my first turantula was a chilean rose.

I keep scorps too.....

if anyone could post under my name that would be great

TwiztidKitty

Arachnopeon
hi im kasey we just got a pink toe and im looking to learn more if ONLY IT WILL LET ME POST thank you

SpiderTös

Arachnopeon
Hi!

Hmmm, hate to wright introductions, I´m a swedish girl, soon to turn 19.
Loves arachnids (my friends think that I´m nuts :? )
Has the best job ever, am working with tropical animals and breeds spiders on my spare time (I know, I´m obcessed with animals)

Other than that I listen to music and really is a quite boring person!!

(what people reed these things???)

Have a great one!!
//Lizette.

newneo_arek

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Arek. I'm kept and breed tarantulas over 4 years. I have tens of species and I love them ;-) Also, I have a lot of snakes - corn snakes and boa constrictors. Me and me friend create a website for terrarists in Poland - www.terrarysta.com.pl - This is one of the most popular websites in Poland! Join us!
www.terrarysta.com.pl/forum

shark72mar

Arachnopeon
Spider Rookie

Anyone with advice,

Hi, my name is Jay. I am interested in purchansing some tarantulas, but I'm not sure what type to start with. I'll probably start off with five. Should I make them all the same kind, if not what kind should I choose. I want something docile, but I prefer an active dangerous one over a harmless one that does nothing. So far it looks like the pink toes, mexican red knee's, the rose hairs, and the curly hairs are what I'm aiming at. What do you think?

webber

Arachnopeon
Salutations is my fancy way of saying hello.

Hi all!

I've been lurking on the boards for a few weeks, so I think it might finally be time for me to get my first T!

Anyone else from Richmond?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
old bugger new to forum

Glad to find this forum! I'm 41 and have been buggin since I can remember. I have always been interested in reptiles, amphibians, insects and arachnids. It has always been fascinating for me to sit and watch these animals. Even plants are cool to me. But a plant has to be kind of weird and unusual for me to be interested in it. I like to road hunt at night for arthropods and snakes or anything interesting crossing the road. Even though I have this interest, I have never been "hard-core" about it. I only like to have 2 or 3 things at a time. Right now I have a Scolopendra heros heros I found in W. tx. (I live in Cedar Park Tx.), 4 Vinegarones, two Hognose snakes (along with 6 Hognose snake eggs!), and one Texas Alligator lizard. I had three Texas Alligator lizards but let 2 escape. These are neat lizards. I let a gravid female get lose. Two of the Vinegarones I have are captive breed. That was interesting to watch. I had the mother Vini in a fish bowl 3/4ths full of dirt, so I could see through the glass and watch the babies hatch. They were in there about a year! I let the rest go in my backyard. I was looking for an answer to a problem I am having with centipedes I catch. I have had several castaneiceps and heros centipedes but they only last several months. Then they die. It looks like they get mites and then they get weak. I know to give them plenty of water. That's not the problem. Maybe I am keeping it too moist? Anybody else have this problem before. The mites first colonize the soft body parts until there is no more room. Then, eventually they cover about half the surface area of the pede. I think they came from a container of meal worms I had. Just don't know. I am keeping the pede I have now at a lower humidity and seems to be doing ok so far. Just wondered if anybody else has had a mite problem with their pede. I like to post pictures but my FTP software has a problem right now. I will work on that. I don't think there are any publications about how long Vini's live. I'm going to see how long I can keep these alive. Already 2 years old. Other than that, I'm pretty boring. Ha! Well, other hobbies: Guitar..1977 Les Paul..YEA! (finally learned Stairway to Heaven), like restoring old stuff and like to think about winning the lottery.