Introduce Yourself

Herps&Inverts

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
All about me!

Hey everyone! So, I'm a 20 year old female living in Oklahoma. I have been attending college for the past 5 years. I am majoring in Veterinary Medicine with my emphasis in Immunology, Disease and Microbiology. I'm also double majoring in french (call it a hobby, lol). I live with my grandparents who support my love/addiction to animals. May God bless them for their patients...for it is never-ending. As it stands we have:

1.1 Dogs~Boots (Lab/Dal mix) and Karrey (Catahoula Leopard)
0.1 Cat~Mixyi
6.4 Hairless Rats~Winkin, Rex, Noodle, Kanga, Freddy, Ricky, Crystal, Blinkin', Cy, Vyolet
4.3.1 Crested Geckos~Tyco, Pistachio, Rosco, Skipper, Delilah, Foxy, Ginger,
Jacque(s)
0.1 Albino Burmese Python~Sierra
0.1 G. rosea~Octavia
0.1 A. avicularia~Socks

As I write this, I am attempting to snag a job as a Vet Tech at our local office that deals with Exotics. I'm not the cat/dog-office kinda gal, lol. I also run a tutoring business from my house which I have devoted to underprivildged families. In my spare time I breed the critters I have. Right now Sierra is the only burm in my house...but some of my other burms are scattered about. I hope to breed her with a remote Granite 100% het albino this coming season. The cresteds breed non-stop. We've got some great lookin' babies cookin' already!!

I guess that's it...pretty long list, but its hard to sum up my entire life's work in one small paragraph.

~Sam

Grimlock

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Welcome and enjoy your stay. I know I have and surely you will too. Very good people here.

;) Sounds like your houehold is filled with fun.

Gesticulator

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Hey!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This feels a little weird, but here it goes. I'm brand new to this forum, and I know I will be back. I'm a Teacher Of The Deaf in The Big Apple. My first T was an Avic Avicularia, and it was for my (then) 10 year old daughter. She did a school project and wanted to overcome her fear. It's now 3 years later, and the fascination is in full fledge. I think am more into it than she is. Of course my little boy now has his "own" few Ts as well. With today's delivery of 3 more, the grand total will be 11 tarantulas.
My husband will not have anything to do with the spiders, and has no clue how many we have.
My next dilemna is how to get some sort of shelf system in the house inconspicuously as the table tops in my kid's rooms is getting kinda full!

Please to meet Y'all!

Last edited:

ArachnidAngie

Arachnopeon
just joined

Hi. I'm ArachnidAngie. I have a Mexican Red-leg, Roja, for sixteen years. Can someone answer some questions for me? She molted on May 27 after missing her molt last year and was EXTREMELY weak afterwards. She has since drank water and eaten 2 crickets and seems stronger. I've never seen her act this way and that's why I'm concerned. I really thought she was going to die and I hated to see her suffer but she's better now. This is the third time she skipped a molt in sixteen years. Did she take long to recover because of her age? Does anyone have a guess as to how old she could be? THANKS for helping!

Last edited:

Meribre

Arachnopeon
Hi All!
My name is Mario and I live near Frankfurt/Germany. I joined this magnificent forum :worship: a few days ago to meet T. fans from all over the world. My interests are: tarantulas, reptiles, aquarium and Egyptian history. A few months ago I started with 1 B. emilia which was supposed to be my one and only tarantula {D However, up to now I take care of 22 individuals {D I'm confident that this community will assist me in providing the best possible conditions for my beloved ones :D
I look forward to become an active part of this community.
Cheers,
Mario :)

Melmoth

ArachnoSweetTalker
Old Timer
ArachnidAngie said:
Hi. I'm ArachnidAngie. I have a Mexican Red-leg, Roja, for sixteen years. Can someone answer some questions for me? She molted on May 27 after missing her molt last year and was EXTREMELY weak afterwards. She has since drank water and eaten 2 crickets and seems stronger. I've never seen her act this way and that's why I'm concerned. I really thought she was going to die and I hated to see her suffer but she's better now. This is the third time she skipped a molt in sixteen years. Did she take long to recover because of her age? Does anyone have a guess as to how old she could be? THANKS for helping!
I shuldreally be answering this in the T questions section of the forum,Angie,but if your Red-Leg was adult when you got her,they can live to 30 years or so. Welcome to Arachnoboards :D

George

odinn7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey there

Just found the board about a week ago and I decided to sign up. I've had a G. rosea since '95 and in February of this year I got a young H. lividum. I am now in the market for a B. smithi (much to the dismay of my wife) and hope to attain one within the month. I think Ts are real cool to look at and study and I've always had a respect for spiders but despite the fact that I like them, I still can't bring myself to pick any up. It's like a love-hate relationship.
Well, I think I'll go back to lurking...

Puppet Master

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Hi My name is Jayme, I live in So, Oregon, I am new to this site but not new to Tarantulas, I have had one for about 4 years and I just picked up a new one,

Nia

Arachnopeon
Hey there

Hi, I am Nia... aka Robin for those of you who attended the 2005 ATS conference in Phoenix. Went to the conference and came home with around 15 different critters lol. I ate way too many of Nyx's skittles and bounced off walls {D, flirted horrible with Fred, and caught some A. chalcodes with Graham and Darkeye, learned tons from wonderful Heather, also meet John with the gorgeous pictures and Satankin (sp) Debbie, and I saw G. demonstrate his breadstick trick and know the story behind it lol. If you meet me while I was at the conference give a holler so I can say Hi back at you.... and you can tell me how to travel around these boards (first time on any board).

so... critters I have at the moment... (and I've only been an invert owner 14 months!)
G. rosea (female), C. cyanopubescens, T. pruriens, L. parahybana, G. aureostriata, B. smithi (female), B. albopilosum, B. auratum, B. emilia, P. regalis, P. cambridgei, A. versicolor, 2 E. campestrata (1 female), G. pulchra, A. anax, Aphonepelma sp. (New Mexican Blonde), 1 corn snake, 3 forest asian scorps, 2 emperor scorps, and 2 "I wanna be a tarantula" Australian terriers.

Expecting any day from the conference...
T. purpurea, B. smithi, A. seemani, G. aureostriata, 3 H. spinnifer scorps, 1 H. arizonisus scorp, 1 wc V. spinigerius scorps, 1 wc V. confusus scorp, 3 wc A. chalcodes, 1 p. murinus (OBT), L. parahybana, 1 Aphonepelma sp. (Carlsbad Green)... did I tell you I spent way too much money at the conference?

Nia

bistrobob85

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Hehey, hello folks!! I'm Phil and i'm from the Montréal region ( Quebec, Canada ). I'm 19 and i'm pretty much into reptiles!! I'm a member of the Montreal Herpetological association as well as the Estrie Herpetological Association. I work in a pet store in which i am responsible of the Reptile/Invertebrates department. I have a great interest in tarantulas, centipedes and other arthropods. As for the rest, i'm going to University in next september in Cinema Scenario Writting. I like rocks, i like music, i like water, i like fire, i like the wind, i like pretty girls, i like plants and basically all animals.

phil.

spydrhunter1

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I am a the Public Health Entomologist for the state of West Virginia. My job is to track insect and tick bornes diseases in state, but I get question about spider bites, insect infestations, etc. Personally I currently have 8 tarantulas (4 Rosies, 1 B. smithi, 1 Ceratogyrus bechuanicus, 1 A. seemani, 1 male Avivularia sp.), several dozen Madagascar hissing roaches, approximately 50 Latrodectus mactans, 1 Mastigoproctus gigantea, 1 Dolomedes sp., and 15 hermit crabs. Willing to trade widows for other species of Latrodectus.

Fini

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
It's a funny thing...

A week ago I don't think I would have imagined myself spending time on a forum devoted to big hairy spiders, but hey. You never know what your missing until you've tasted a little of it right? (I spent about four hours yesterday reading on here..don’t tell the boss, oh wait. That’s me.)

Soooo, I was in Berkeley, CA last weekend for a concert (Wilco) and wandered over to the East Bay Vivarium (big herp shop). While I was gazing into all of the enclosures I came upon a section dedicated to big hairy spiders and decided to give it a good looksie. [It's important for you to know now that I am horrified of spiders] I couldn't believe how interesting they were. I observed a fat goliath tear into something (perhaps a pinky) and it was curious in a primordial kind of way. [I watch my geckos eat all the time, and I don't get that kind of buzz from it] At any rate I get home and recall the spiders and did a little looking on the internet. Luckily I find a couple of sites that eventually got me here. Here! You have one hell of a community here. I love it. The conversation is interesting and the subject; something of my nightmares. Again, I love it!

So right now, I can't wait to dive into "T" ownership. My only obstacle..the W.I.F.E. Once she's been pacified it's a call to Botar for my G. pulchra (lets start with something that doesn't want to eat me first).

I'm so glad I found this! Cheers!
Chris

Streetfighterz

Arachnopeon

Hello Everyone,

My name is Dan, and i live in Missouri. I have been visiting this forum for the past couple of days and I really enjoy reading the different posts, i am learning alot. I have been interested in buying a G. Rosea for a pet, since i have read that they are docile. Easy to take care of, my only problem is talking my girlfriend in to letting me get one. Any suggestions, to convince her to let me get a tarantula?
Hope to chat with other members,
Dan :)

odinn7

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Dan, do what I did originally...I just went out and got one. Of course she flipped out on me when she came home from work and saw it but hey, that was her problem. I had to listen to the yelling and cursing for an hour or so and then she got over it. She's gotten over it to the point of allowing me to get a second one this past winter and now I'll be getting a third one soon without incident. She still doesn't like them but she's learned to deal with having them in the house.
Good luck.

army_wife51b

Arachnopeon
am i doing this right?

please excuse me if i am posting incorrectly...i haven't seen this format before--i'm a regular on livejournal.com and am used to seeing that every day.
well, if i works, here goes:
i am 19 years old and married to my wonderful army hubby who is 22. we have a son together, he just turned one in may.
we have been collecting tarantulas for a little over three years now, although it is not my choice hobby i am slowing becoming fond of it since i have been left to take care of our 12 tarantulas while he is deployed to iraq.
i really enjoy music a lot and intend to begin college this fall to pursue a major in it.
other than that, i am your typical martha stewart housewife.

i kinda find this funny, since i bought my husband his first tarantula...however i guess not all women are as easy going as me? lol.
hmm...let her know that the G. rosea is very common and non-threatening...they are not poisonous and generally, well don't do much but sit in their cages and collect dust i guess.
hey, i lived in MO at one point too. just thought that was cool.
and i see i did not post my entry correctly...how do i fix it?????

nomad85

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi

I am Kyle 20 yrs, and I am in Indiana. I dont have any t's had a rose hair that I bought for my little brother, but he killed it.. I'm here for the roaches. and to possibly catch the tarantula bug... I keep discoids,hissers(normals,giants,tigers and blacks), lobsters, and six spotteds. Looking to get some orange spotteds and surinams soon. heres my list of animals.
• 1.0.1 Bearded Dragons
• 0.1 Ball Python
• 0.1 Red Tailed Boa
• 1.0 Corn Snake
• 1.0.1 Green Iguanas
• 0.0.1 Kei Island BTS
• 1.0 Vieled Chameleon
• 1.0 African Fat-Tailed Gecko
• 0.1 Tokay Gecko
• 0.0.4 Crested Geckos
• 2.2 Sugar Gliders

Mad Dog

Arachnopeon
Hello all.

My name is kevin. Im 27 and live in uk (norwich).
I have learned lots from reading what is already posted and would like to thank you all for helping me already.
I have 2 emperor scorpions about an inch long named genghis and fluffy. Both are doing well, had them 3 weeks now.

Wisdom16

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hi everyone, I currently keep high predatory fish and am planning on getting an Emporer Scorpion in the next week or two after the tank is set-up. I am also planning on other inverts, but haven't decided yet.

BooYaKa

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
:eek: I lost this thread some time ago :D
My name is Andrew, I live in Poland and I'm 17. I keep some pets in my room:

Scorpions:
Androctonus australis
Androctonus bicolor
Babycurus jacksoni
Hottentotta polystictus
Hottentotta hottentotta
Buthus barbouri
Mesobuthus martensii
Mesobuthus gibbosus
Lychas mucronatus
Lychas sp.
Liocheles australasiae
Liocheles nigripes
Hadogenes bicolor
Hadogenes troglodytes
Hadogenes paucidens
Pandinus imperator
Pandinus viatoris
Pandinus cavimanus
Iomachus politus
Euscorpius italicus
Euscorpius carpathicus

Spiders:
Brachypelma albopilosum
Hysterocrates gigas
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Poecilotheria ornata
Poecilotheria fasciata
Stromatopelma calceatum
Davus fasciatus
Acanthoscurria geniculata
Theraphosa blondi
Aphonopelma seemani
Latrodectus hesperus
Nephila sp.

Other:
Iguana iguana
Ceratophrys ornata
My dog :)

Now I'm working about my scorpion-website. It will be first and the best site in my country.

Cheers!

Kasha

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
New Millipede mom

Hello all, I am a 29 year old Alaskan resident who has recently become the "mom" to millipedes. A giant black and a.....well a mystery milli. Nice to meet you all!