Introduce Yourself

TribbleWhisperer

Arachnopeon
Hello, I'm Stacie. I'm a longtime lurker that finally made an account.

I blame a son who was obsessed with tarantulas for getting me into them, we've been going to expos since he was 5 and now he's in high school! I finally felt ok enough to take over should I have to. I love my kids, but unless I'm willing to do the work I'm not subjecting a living creature to potential whims or carelessness. My favorite part of pets is literally just watching them do animal things! Hands off is just fine with me for exotics and inverts, I have a doggo for pats. She's a Great Pyrenees and the very best girl!

The breeders at expos have been amazing to talk to and learn from. Between that and books and online resources we now have 5 Ts. I'm extremely partial to the P. Irminia and rescue A. Braunshausi but they're all great!

I grew up in competitive gymnastics and with lots of animals, I'm boring and haven't changed much I guess. I still love being active and devoting time to pets and family. Married for 20 years with 2 kids.

Aside from all that, I work in healthcare, love Game of Thrones (Daenerys was robbed!) and House of the Dragon and will never get over Cavill walking away from The Witcher. I love fantasy as a genre and aspire to one day have a massive cheese cellar a hobbit would be proud to call their own :D

AphixLights

Arachnopeon
Hi 👋 nice to meet everyone! I go by Crema, Im a long time lurker too, that recently took the plunge of my own little gang of spiders, and now I have a small rag-tag group of spoods that i ADORE~♡

I cant wait to adopt more, (Ive got a list.. THERES ALWAYS A LIST.... 🥴) BUT I'm taking it slow too, and adopting new T's as I learn and get useful experience with the variety i currently have..! altho each species have tendencies, every individual is its own - and thats part of what makes the experience of raising them exciting and interesting for me; learning their behaviours and habits, studying them, observing their unique quirks and enjoying them for the beautiful and fascinating animals that they are 😚🖤

I've lived vicariously through other mates and youtubers with spiders and.. my first ever is a jumping spider, the humble P. Regius - I named them Mista! :D 🧡 (yes, from JoJos Bizarre Adventure!.. Mista is my pfp too)

My very first tarantula is my shy sweet Jolyne - Avic. Purpurea 💜 (Photo included below) I ALMOST went with a T.vagans, but I went with my gut and chose something I was really interested in rather than just suggestion alone..! I did a lot of research in preparation so there was a lot that drew me towards the avics along the way, and i couldnt be happier honestly, I absolutely love her!!! And also FREAKIN PURPLE HELL YES i cant wait till her colours come in, shes still just a sling~

(i eventually got ANOTHER purple spider... T Rasti 👀 im addicted to the purps i guess)

My other species I currently got is T.Rasti, (web lyfe), Cardiopelma sp Oaxaca (cute little cocoa bean dhfofmg), and a Neostenotarsus French Guiana (... Hello down thuuurrrrr!)

I got my eye on: Neoholo. Incei, Avic cf. Ulrichea (not sure how to aquire this one yet unless it got reclassed and i didnt notice!), Avicularia variegata, Brachy. Emilia , Grammostola Iheringi, Aphonopelma moderatum, T. Seladonia and Avic. Geroldi! .. not nessecarily in that order but!!! 👀👀👀👀👀💕 somedAY~

other info about meeeee;
- I'm from Canada (Calgary!) 🍁
- I'm in the 30s club 😎
- I'm a bit of an ambivert and fall in and out of reclusivity... Sometimes I lurk, sometimes I cant stfu
- I'm a furry! 🦊 where my floofs at?
- I'm an artist, and i love drawing spidersssss~
- Anyone else read the book 'Children of Time'?? ... Relevant to my interests here...! 🕷

Thanks for readin my intro! 🤗

Attachments

Last edited:

Westicles

Arachnobaron
Arachnosupporter
Hi 👋 nice to meet everyone! I go by Crema, Im a long time lurker too, that recently took the plunge of my own little gang of spiders, and now I have a small rag-tag group of spoods that i ADORE~♡

I cant wait to adopt more, (Ive got a list.. THERES ALWAYS A LIST.... 🥴) BUT I'm taking it slow too, and adopting new T's as I learn and get useful experience with the variety i currently have..! altho each species have tendencies, every individual is its own - and thats part of what makes the experience of raising them exciting and interesting for me; learning their behaviours and habits, studying them, observing their unique quirks and enjoying them for the beautiful and fascinating animals that they are 😚🖤

I've lived vicariously through other mates and youtubers with spiders and.. my first ever is a jumping spider, the humble P. Regius - I named them Mista! :D 🧡 (yes, from JoJos Bizarre Adventure!.. Mista is my pfp too)

My very first tarantula is my shy sweet Jolyne - Avic. Purpurea 💜 (Photo included below) I ALMOST went with a T.vagans, but I went with my gut and chose something I was really interested in rather than just suggestion alone..! I did a lot of research in preparation so there was a lot that drew me towards the avics along the way, and i couldnt be happier honestly, I absolutely love her!!! And also FREAKIN PURPLE HELL YES i cant wait till her colours come in, shes still just a sling~

(i eventually got ANOTHER purple spider... T Rasti 👀 im addicted to the purps i guess)

My other species I currently got is T.Rasti, (web lyfe), Cardiopelma sp Oaxaca (cute little cocoa bean dhfofmg), and a Neostenotarsus French Guiana (... Hello down thuuurrrrr!)

I got my eye on: Neoholo. Incei, Avic cf. Ulrichea (not sure how to aquire this one yet unless it got reclassed and i didnt notice!), Avicularia variegata, Brachy. Emilia , Grammostola Iheringi, Aphonopelma moderatum, T. Seladonia and Avic. Geroldi! .. not nessecarily in that order but!!! 👀👀👀👀👀💕 somedAY~

other info about meeeee;
- I'm from Canada (Calgary!) 🍁
- I'm in the 30s club 😎
- I'm a bit of an ambivert and fall in and out of reclusivity... Sometimes I lurk, sometimes I cant stfu
- I'm a furry! 🦊 where my floofs at?
- I'm an artist, and i love drawing spidersssss~
- Anyone else read the book 'Children of Time'?? ... Relevant to my interests here...! 🕷

Thanks for readin my intro! 🤗
I'm exhausted from reading that! Lol!!!!

RennardFuchs

Formerly 'Tarantuhalla'
Hi,

long-time tarantula keeper here joining from Zabrze in Poland :) For most of my life I kept only one species (an LP) but after her passing and an outbreak of you know what I got back to the hobby.
Now I am proud owner of too many to count T's (I need to make a list to keep record of everything so far). After my first successful breeding I started regularly updating my blog (to which I invite you all).

Anyway, I hope I will meet a lot of awesome people here and learn a lot about our eight-legged monsters ^^

Cheers

rookieds

Arachnopeon
Good morning,

I am quite new to the hobby. I started to have an interest owning spiders this year and I just went for it.

I have a few females but most of the others are slings / juveniles.
I enjoy creating the terrariums for their needs but also watch them having their daily activities: of course, eating, but I also like to contemplate the structures they will create.

I am not interested in breeding them, mostly watching and taking care of them.

I believe my favorite species are Poecilotheria and I have a few of them.

See you around 👋

MeeloSmeelo

Arachnopeon
Hey there! I'm Milo and I'm super new to everything. I figured I'd join the site as a way to learn and explore this wonderful world. I'm in the middle of preparing to get my first jumping spider and I'm super excited.

Metal Webber

Arachnopeon
What’s up fellow spider fans!!

my names Zenith(15) I’ve owned wolf and jumping spiders for years but
The WEIRDEST thing happened to me last monday….
I was in math class when a boy I NEVER seen before came in carrying 2 boxes he set the boxes on the floor and told me to pick a hand (I chose left) that's when he slid a TARANTULA into my hand. Quickly he said he HAD to get rid of them as soon as I rellised what was going on he vanished… and now I have 2 STUNNING Ts ❤😊❤ a tliltocatl verdizi and a tliltocatl vegans
My other hobbies include :
- entomology🐞
-jammin with my metal band 🎸
-gardening 🌿
-and all my other pets and livestock!
Can’t wait to be part of your community!!!-Metal Webber

Tarantulas Web

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone

Well I'm new here and just wanted to say hi.

I'm a semi. Experienced tarantula keeper curre tky have around 50 in my collection a mix of old world and new world. I don't know what it is about tarantulas but I just love them.

I'm also the owner and creator of Tarantulas Web YouTube channel where I show my T's and how I look after them etc

I look forward to chatting etc over the coming months

Last edited by a moderator:

Isopods others

Arachnoknight
Hey!, I enjoy all things that squirm and crawl I currently have Clown isopods (breeding whey!) Zebra isopods (not yet breeding I think it's because it's winter) and 5 maybe 4 if one dies very young bumble bee millipedes these are my first bought arthropods I have also kept garden snails which bred successfully, various house spiders, slugs and attempted grasshoppers didn't breed before the summer was over.

marebearx

Arachnopeon
hi all! im maren, but i also go by marebear or mare. im 19, south florida (just on the border between south-central!) and i guess pronouns arent commonplace here but i use she/he. im a lesbian who loves spiders, and have for a long time. as a kid, was never afraid of spiders like everyone else, and as i got older, i began to get mystified by how beauitful and intriguing they are.

i particularly like tarantulas, but ive never owned one and probably wont for a while: i live with my parents still and they arent particularly into spiders, much less any big ones… HOWEVER!

i have seemingly gotten my parents to think jumping spiders are cute, and, at the very least, are entirely harmless. which is excellent, because ive fallen hard and fast for them. im already planning on purchasing things to prepare for acquiring a little jumper, but im trying to get as much research done as i can first.

im also autistic, so i ask a lot of questions, or things that seem obvious to you are not at all clear to me. for example, if someone asks me to ‘clean’ the house, i dont know what that means because its too vague. which room do i start with? how much do i clean? when is something considered ‘clean’ enough? what am i using to clean? which types of ‘cleaning’ do i do? dusting? vacuuming? mopping? picking up? the list goes on.

you might see how that would make researching care for animals a bit difficult: something will say “do x every few days” and im like WELL WHAT DOES THAT MEAN. so hopefully some of y’all are able to explain these things in more depth to help.

anyway, i love forums, and im glad this forum is chugging since *squints at hand* …2005. that was two years after i was born. i was two.

RennardFuchs

Formerly 'Tarantuhalla'
hi all! im maren, but i also go by marebear or mare. im 19, south florida (just on the border between south-central!) and i guess pronouns arent commonplace here but i use she/he. im a lesbian who loves spiders, and have for a long time. as a kid, was never afraid of spiders like everyone else, and as i got older, i began to get mystified by how beauitful and intriguing they are.

i particularly like tarantulas, but ive never owned one and probably wont for a while: i live with my parents still and they arent particularly into spiders, much less any big ones… HOWEVER!

i have seemingly gotten my parents to think jumping spiders are cute, and, at the very least, are entirely harmless. which is excellent, because ive fallen hard and fast for them. im already planning on purchasing things to prepare for acquiring a little jumper, but im trying to get as much research done as i can first.

im also autistic, so i ask a lot of questions, or things that seem obvious to you are not at all clear to me. for example, if someone asks me to ‘clean’ the house, i dont know what that means because its too vague. which room do i start with? how much do i clean? when is something considered ‘clean’ enough? what am i using to clean? which types of ‘cleaning’ do i do? dusting? vacuuming? mopping? picking up? the list goes on.

you might see how that would make researching care for animals a bit difficult: something will say “do x every few days” and im like WELL WHAT DOES THAT MEAN. so hopefully some of y’all are able to explain these things in more depth to help.

anyway, i love forums, and im glad this forum is chugging since *squints at hand* …2005. that was two years after i was born. i was two.

Hi :)

Great to have you here. A for Tarantulas it is true, that sometimes parents make things difficult (mine did too). And this is not surprising. Unknown things, that have a bad reputation like tarantulas (and we as keepers know that most of this bad reputation is just based on false knowledge) lead to the need of protecting their child. Jumping spiders are a cool alternative, maybe it will break the ice for a bigger spider, which are a lot easier to keep and not necessarily more dangerous. I did a video on the pro and cons of tarantula keeping, maybe if you show that you have the know-how then after time you will get an "OK" from your parents. Don't force it though, some parrents won't change their mind and to be honest they have the right to do that after all. The biggest leap comes with time, when you want to expand from New World species to Old World species ;) But the jump from jumping spiders (pun intended) to New World tarantulas is almost like a downgrade when it comes to care, maintenance and difficulty ;)

If you have questions feel free to write on the forum or PM me.

BW
Marc

dcparham

Arachnopeon
always loved animals, reptiles and amphibians, esp snakes are favorites! some reason always wanted the Trifecta: Snake, Tarantula, Scorpion - now i have 2 ball pythons, 4 T's, 3 scorpions.

scolopender21

Arachnopeon
I have been keeping various large centipedes for over 8 years now. I have learned a lot from keeping them myself and from other hobbyists. My all time favorite species has to be S. sp "White legs". I also have grown to love S. polymorpha as there is a ton where I live. and I also have 3 T's as they are pretty cool, I have always wanted a really venomous scorp sp but I am scared.

I'm just here to share my knowledge ;)

mrlukeysbugs212

Arachnopeon
Hey everyone my name is Luke and i have been keeping aussie inverts for about 4 years now, im about to start breeding so wish me luck haha its awesome to be here :) :)

Pedipalpable

Arachnosquire
Hello everyone. My name is Aedan. I am 23 years old and live in Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada where I was born and raised. I have been fascinated by insects and arachnids ever since I was a young boy and want to become an entomologist or perhaps an arachnologist eventually.
I recently became interested in owning a pet invertebrate of some sort. I signed up here because I figured this would be a great place to start looking for information on a good species to start with and because I liked the idea of being able to chat with others who are fascinated by these magnificent but sadly underappreciated creatures.
I look forward to getting to know this place and its member better as I make foray into this most interesting of hobbies! See you around.

SP ARACHNIDS

Arachnopeon
Mornin yall ! My name is Bundy ! I work for SHRUNKEN HEAD ENTERTAINMENT and an avid keeper, breeder, and all around lover of Ts. I focus mainly on Ts but have scorpions, true spiders, and centipedes. My T count is somewhere around "20" at least that's what my wife thinks lol. I love Aphonopelmas, Brachypelmas, Lasiodoras, Pterinochilus and Grammastolas. My pride and joy is a LP named Aragog (Pictured below)! She is around 10 years old and has a 9+ inch DLS. I also on the side have just started a Youtube page called SP Arachnids and enjoy filming my Ts. I have quite a bit of knowledge about Ts and their behavior and am always willing to help someone out with any problem that may arise! Im here to share my stories and help others as well as learning everything I can because NOBODY is a know it all lol!
PS I know some ones gonna say it so.... Don't worry She has a lot more substrate now lol as she was just rehoused in a larger enclosure!
320385453_3419483258295488_1667789931865318139_n.jpg

cryptidbrain

Arachnopeon
This is my introduction i guess! I am new to the tarantula keeping hobby and i wanted to find a forum that was actually active and that I could interact with. My name is sawyer and I got my first tarantula a few days ago. They are a sub adult curly hair tarantula ( unsexed ). I also have a jumping spider. I plan to post about my tarantula and spider frequently on here, and hopefully get more tarantulas soon.

Rierie

Arachnopeon
Hello there. My Name is Marie and I’m that sort of person which can’t live without pets. I just love animals.
The more fascinating the better I’d like to say, but they’re all if you look close enough.

I’m new here because I have some questions about some true spider species which are quite rare in my country. Or at least I’m bad at finding information about them which I really need and sought for some advice.
I’m as well always into learning more and love to talk about things I’m obsessed with - like our little hairy friends.
A thing most here hopefully have in common.
Forums in my country are not active at all or mainly just about T’s which I love as well, but it’s mostly not that hard to find good informations about them.

I’m taking care of insects and spiders for two and a half years now since jumpers got me over my phobia. Even cured my little nephew and his mother will be soon too.

My Zoo contains, next to lots of other animals:
- 1.1.2 G. pulchripes (yes I like them…the male was my first T.
I take care of it but I gave it to my nephew which can’t take care of a spider. Obviously because he is 5 and his mother would’t either.
So the female is a backup, he wont notice Blitzi Max is gone when his time is over. I’ll tell him that I was wrong - he is a girl - shed and got bigger ;)….the other 2 are for me :D

besides:
- 0.1.0 Tliltocatl albopilsom /hobbyform
- 0.0.1 Lasiodora parahybana, hope he or she does not destroy his or her next shed AGAIN completely so I can sex it some day… eventually.
- 0.0.1 A. geniculata
- 0.0.2 D. pentaloris, same here with one of them - LEAVE IT! You’re not supposed to roll the opisthosoma to a goddamn paperball after you’re done with that shed every time!!! Soaking it didn’t made much of a difference…
- 0.1.0 B. hamorii
- 0.0.1 N. chromatus
- 0.0.1 C. elegans, which is already sexable too but decided to make a hungerstrike half a year ago. Looked for it a few days ago, found the chamber and was greeted with legs so I was calm again.

True spiders:

- 0.3.1 E. walkenaeri
- 12.7.150ish P. regius white Bahamas
(My first female gave me in total 7 eggsacs with over 600 babies so far…I’m not counting anymore…)
- 0.0.4 P. regius/ ometepe (?)
- 3.3.1 P. carneus
- 0.1.xx(?) M. muscosa, which I will release into the wild when spring comes. My Bf saved mommy and daddy at work from running into oils or stuff like that, we mated them and try to do nature a favor. Daddy is gone since a few months due to age but he had a nice retirement with his Gf.

Then there is as well
- Hierodula membranacea L5/6 male
- some Therea regularis
- And a bunch of Gromphadorhina portentosa which I still consider as pets and not food in contrast to other cockroachbreeds I have. And well none of my T’s is big enough for them until now.

I think that’s all my crawlers right now :)
Sorry for any typo.
I hope for a good time with you guys.

IvanOoze

Arachnopeon
Hi all, I hope you are well. My name is Jordan I am 30 years old and I am from South Wales UK.

I started keeping invertebrates when i was 15 to help get over my irrational fear of spiders.
I initially kept the Pandinus imperator as i could get them quite easily and very cheap ( at that time) but i could never make the move and own tarantulas as i would let my fear of spiders get the best of me.

A few years back I helped a friend move a bath tub from a shed and inside the bath was the biggest common house spider i have ever seen. To cut a long story short, I helped the spider to safety and realised that its true spiders that truly scare me and I had a greater fascination rather than a fear response.

Last May i got my first tarantula, a G. pulchripes sling and it was the best decision i have ever made.
He (i think) has had a few molts with me now, has put on some size and is the perfect eater. I now have 6 tarantulas and 2 AFS. My fear has gone.(apart from true spiders, haha)