Introduce Yourself

Pigeon

Arachnosquire
Figured i might as well pop my head into here. Names Tris. 23y/o guy from the uk. Archaeology graduate with a passion for insects... i was the designated 'bug guy' on site who dealt with all the spiders and other creepy crawlies haha. looking forward to meeting some people and sharing my hobby with you all :D
i realise my stupid ass put 'guy' rather than girl... should probably know who i am lol. Still definitely the desginated bug guy though XD gettting into mantids again currently and so ready to explore them more.

HawkAlot

Arachnopeon
Hello! I've kept tarantulas for a few years now, along with reptiles and amphibians. I work professionally with raptors, and have worked at herp-focused institutions before. I attended the University of Guelph, and I live in Victoria, BC, Canada. :)

Jennylikeafox

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Jenny and I am the proud parent to two soon to be three tarantulas. I had 3 when I was younger and several cockroach species I had to get rid of when I was getting divorced. Its been years now and Im quite settled and secured so the collection starts again! I currently have a honduran curly hair, avicularia avicularia, a mystery spider, madagascar roaches and a cascade bird eater tarantula on the way. Cant wait to meet all your spiders and friends!

Attachments

TJ 68

Arachnopeon
Hey Everybody, Ted from Pennsylvania. New member, old reader. Had several Ts back in the 80s. Saw one in the pet store two months ago and thought ,,Why not. Now I have 7 and about a dozen more I really want.
I currently have:

Avicularia avicularia
Hysterocrates gigas
Theraphosa blondi
Aphonopelma seemanni
Tliltocatl albopilosus
Cyriopagopus lividus (sling)
Cyriopagopus paganus ? or Cyriopagopus vonwirthi ? or?

My favorite is my champion female T blondi, The size and speed of this T is incredible and yet very docile (when not feeding) The T albopilosus runs a close second because, believe it or not it often comes to the front of the cage when i approach and is almost always "on display"

The reason I joined this site was to get help to ID my "Thai tiger" I bought it from a pet store that admittedly didn't know the species and at first glance thought I was getting a Haplopelma Minax. Now i'm not so sure. I havent got any pics yet, It has borrowed quite deep but when I do maybe you can help me.

Take care and Be good, Ted

Gothmelon

Arachnopeon
Hi there, everyone! I've lurked here for a bit to try and pick up useful advice as a beginner to the hobby, and I figured it was about time I join in.

My name is Alexandria, and I'm a huge fan of spiders (and beetles as well). I got my first tarantula about a month ago, a young male Pink Toe, from a local shop that specializes in more unusual pets. So far, he has molted and seems to have a good appetite.

I look forward to talking to other people who love spiders, as most people I know dislike them, and eventually having quite a few more of my own. They really are beautiful and fascinating creatures.

Impalu

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone! My name is Marissa. I just got my first two tarantulas, so I'm exploring information in forums and YouTube. After looking through a ton of sites, I bought a G. Pulchra and a GBB from Jamie's Tarantulas. They both look happy and healthy in their new enclosures so far. Looking forward to making some new friends here and learning more about tarantulas.

MrGhostMantis

Arachnoprince
Hi everyone! My name is Marissa. I just got my first two tarantulas, so I'm exploring information in forums and YouTube. After looking through a ton of sites, I bought a G. Pulchra and a GBB from Jamie's Tarantulas. They both look happy and healthy in their new enclosures so far. Looking forward to making some new friends here and learning more about tarantulas.
Welcome!

batchips

Arachnopeon
Good morning at 8 AM from Pennsylvania! My name is Alexis but I go by Lexi. I was born in Las Vegas where my love of spiders started from a young age as my father would bring home tarantulas from the desert. The love of nature and the wild comes from him for sure. He bought me mt first rose hair when I was 16 but I was so intimidated by the size and speed, completely uneducated and too young to care. Definitely scared me and I have to admit, it put me back on spiders for a while. Now, anytime I would be outside I couldn't help but interact with the jumping spiders. They are cute and very expressive, gentle creatures.

Fast forward and I'm 28 with three kids and feeling pretty unfulfilled still. I live in an apartment and dont really have the time for a dog or any other animals. I followed a jumping spider group initially because a cute spider showed up on my feed. And then it didn't stop. The cuteness ensued. One morning I woke up and started doing basic research which I had done previously a few months before about a rabbit and I determined it was just too much. This is why I'm glad I do my research because although rabbits appear cute, they are not easy pets at all and require a lot of care. However. Not a single thing turned me away from jumping spiders. I wanted one.

I had to jump through hoops to find a breeder near me. Everything is either backordered or not local. I found her listing under Maryland and we are actually meeting up on Saturday so I can adopt my first every spider, a Phidippus Regius. I am not sure what sex I will be getting but it doesnt matter to me. I am just so excited. I joined this community to learn more, possibly adopt more, and grow and share my adventures as a spider mom!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
@batchips welcome to AB, and welcome to the arachnid hobby! Have fun and enjoy your jumping spider. Once your active you’ll have access to the classified section here, where you can find arachnids and invertebrates for sale as well, to not have to jump through maybe as big of hoops. Search amd read up!!

batchips

Arachnopeon
@batchips welcome to AB, and welcome to the arachnid hobby! Have fun and enjoy your jumping spider. Once your active you’ll have access to the classified section here, where you can find arachnids and invertebrates for sale as well, to not have to jump through maybe as big of hoops. Search amd read up!!
Thanks so much! I'm looking forward to being a part of the community! I'm very excited!

RaeBookWorm

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone, my name is Rae. I discovered this forum today while browsing Josh's Frogs, and wanted to join right away. I don't currently have any tarantulas or inverts, but I really want to have at least one T, not sure which species, all of them are so fascinating. I have always had a fascination with inverts since I was a small child, and would call the spiders in our garden my pets, catching moths or other insects and dropping them into their webs. I have had a variety of pets over the years, ranging from rats, guinea pigs, mice, ferrets, fish, cats, dogs, and even a few pet walking sticks as a kid. I currently have 2 cats named Kira (lilac-point Siamese) and Luna (black with medium length coat). I also have 5 kids, ages 20, 18, 16 1/2, 10, and 8, the oldest two are my step daughters.

The only experience I have so far is trying to rescue my ex's pet tarantula from his terribly husbandry by making sure it had water, food, and an enclosure with a locking door in 2008. He didn't appreciate me trying to overhaul the enclosure, and when I moved away, I wasn't allowed to bring the T with me post-breakup. I think he had a Rose Hair, but I don't think it was labeled correctly by the pet store he got it from.

The kinds of inverts I am interested in are Vinegaroons, Tailless Whip-scorpions, Millipedes, Isopods, true spiders, Blue Death-Feinting beetles, Tarantulas, and Scorpions (but my husband is terrified of scorpions as he grew up in NM.) I have been researching a lot about different inverts and the care they require, but have been waiting to make any purchases until I feel prepared enough to bring home a T or other invert.

Azbest

Arachnopeon
Hi all! Name's Aza and nice to meet you all. I've been keeping tarantulas for a few years now, as well as snakes, cats and milipedes. Oh, and a lady jumping spider. ;) My main focus here is to browse through the photos and learn about tarantulas sexing.

konakona135

Arachnopeon
Hello! My name is Teru. I'm currently taking a biology mate choice class at university and stumbled upon The Dark Den's sand spider mating video on YouTube. I originally clicked on it because I was interested in seeing the mating behaviors, but I never would have thought I'd spend the next three days watching various tarantula keeper videos! Although I wasn't originally a fan of spiders, I was quickly captured by the many species varieties and the process of caring for them.

I joined this forum to gain access to the community's wealth of information and interact with fellow keepers ^^ I have a lot of research ahead, but I'm looking forward to owning a cute tarantula in the (hopefully) near future!

Jawticid

Arachnopeon
Hi I'm Jeff and I'm a biologist. I manage a natural resource group for an environmental consulting company. Most of my work is wetlands, botany, and T&E species, but I've always had a soft spot for arachnids. I got to study arachnology and entomology from the scorpion expert Dr. David Sissom. That was more than 20 years ago as I'm in my mid forties, but I retained some of it despite never getting to use it professionally.

I'm happy to have found this forum!

shushu

Arachnopeon
hello! im shushu/susi and im a 19-year-old NEET currently (though going to uni this fall). im very new to the hobby and dont own any inverts yet, still just trying to learn! mostly into tarantulas (my favorite species is grammostola pulchra♡), though im interested in learning about jumping spiders too.