Introduce Yourself

Blueandbluer

Arachnobaron
Hello, friends old and new. Some of you may remember I used to be a regular around these parts, but I got pulled away by Life. You know how it goes. Hope all is well with all of you, and maybe I can be around a little bit more again!

My Ts: GBB F 5", B boehmei F 4.5", A versi 4" and soon to have a T albo nicaragua 1". :D

jc55

Arachnoknight
Hello.I have been a member for a while now but have been absent for some time due to life in general but have settled in Mississippi and am looking to grow my collection again and am glad to be back.

ools

Arachnopeon
Hi there my name is Ooli and I just got my first xenesthis intermedia today :) I have many lizards, frogs, mammals, and birds already. I love animals in general and I’m always learning about them. I came on here to get some tips on my XI so it can live a long life!

SouthernBiophilist98

Arachnopeon
Hey ya'll my name is Dylan. Been a big animal nerd since childhood and started collecting T's last september. The current collection is a Chaco golden knee (G. pulchripes), a Salmon pink birdeater (L. parahybana), a Greenbottle blue (C. cyaneopubescens), and a Trinidad chevron (P. cambridgei). With aspirations for more. I hope to learn a lot from ya'll and maybe help teach a bit as well.

DanR217

Arachnopeon
Hi fellow enthusiasts! Dan from CA here. I've loved bugs and creepy crawlies since I can remember, nice to be among others who fancy them as well!

DreadKnoT

Arachnopeon
Greetings everyone! I'm Amberly and I'm coming to you live from Dayton, OH. A few years ago I was spiraling down a YouTube rabbit hole and stumbled across a sling unboxing video - ever since then I've been morbidly interested in starting the hobby. Finally graduated college and just took the plunge with my first two T's - a Grammastola Pulchripes and Lasiodora Parahybana. I already feel myself getting addicted! lol I've never been a big bug person and surprised myself with how easily I crushed a cricket's head last night to ensure it wouldn't hurt my slings. I can't wait to start attending some shows where I'll probably pick up a few more slings or a juvie. I can't wait until I feel confident enough to get into the arboreal and fossorial species - I really like their looks. If anyone else is in OH and has recommendations on where you like to get supplies or T's locally, let me know. :D Nice to meet everyone!

scudfrohmeyer

Arachnopeon
hey, i’m sam, i used to be afraid of bugs but now i own two millipedes. i only found this forum by searching about millipede care and i thought making an account wouldn’t be the worst idea to save care information.

Gutz323

Arachnopeon
Hi! My name is Ben and I am from Essex in England UK. I have been in the hobby for 6 or 7 months now (sep/oct 2020) i have always been interested in all exotic animals and got into tarantulas whilst in the covid lockdown needing a hobby to keep me sane, but I am now totally infatuated with spiders and my family think I am now insane LOL! I currently own 2 adult T's, 2 juveniles and 4 slings, all of which are terrestrial new worlds, I am currently looking into acquiring something arboreal soon and will probably look into old world species later on when I am ready. I love reading and acquiring any knowledge on tarantulas from books to YouTube so I thought I'd better join a forum, i am also going to join the British Tarantula Society in May which I believe (correct me if I'm wrong) the beginning of their membership year when they take fees.

DytiscussorDaur

Arachnopeon
Hello to anyone caring to read!
I got into keeping bugs and critters almost a year ago (though they've had my interest for quite a while),
when I happened across a predaceous diving beetle (Dytiscus dauricus) crawling around on the pavement around midnight, 10 feet from my doorstep!
I just couldn't pass up such a lucky encounter with my dream bug!

I've been keeping and raising a manner of different crawlies since (mainly various beetles and isopods), and I hope to one day successfully rear one of these amazing swimming beetles, from egg to adult.
Though it'll take quite a bit of trial and error, and determination.

Attachments

Tinkerbell1315

Arachnopeon
Hello my name is Danielle. I'm from Littlestown Pennsylvania, close to Gettysburg PA. I'm a new spooder mom!

My family went to the battlefield expo on the 20th and came home with 2 spooders. Tliltocatl albopilosus (curly) and Avicularia avicularia (pinky). They are both juveniles. Both of them had 2 crickets.. but haven't ate since. Pinky is in a Tupperware container inside her or his enclosure and has not ventured out. It doesnt help that the enclosure is too large for the Ts size. So if she or he wants to claim the container so be it. My concern is dehydration in pinky... Do I or should I put a little drops of water in the container with her?

I know this is a hobby for some but holy moly I'm stressing myself out over this cuz I dont want them to die. Spooders make me happy people not so much! I'm also on tarantula forum as well. Trying to do a lot of research on these guys so I can keep them alive...

Attachments

Last edited:

8 legged

Arachnoprince
Hello my name is Danielle. I'm from Littlestown Pennsylvania, close to Gettysburg PA. I'm a new spooder mom!

My family went to the battlefield expo on the 20th and came home with 2 spooders. Tliltocatl albopilosus (curly) and Avicularia avicularia (pinky). They are both juveniles. Both of them had 2 crickets.. but haven't ate since. Pinky is in a Tupperware container inside her or his enclosure and has not ventured out. It doesnt help that the enclosure is too large for the Ts size. So if she or he wants to claim the container so be it. My concern is dehydration in pinky... Do I or should I put a little drops of water in the container with her?

I know this is a hobby for some but holy moly I'm stressing myself out over this cuz I dont want them to die. Spooders make me happy people not so much! I'm also on tarantula forum as well. Trying to do a lot of research on these guys so I can keep them alive...
Hy to you and more SUBSTRATE for you spider!

Anau

Arachnopeon
Hello

First time poster and kinda new. I've been keeping for almost two years now and I got six hairy babies. I originally started this hobby to get over my aracnophobia but I grew from one T to seven. Sadly my B. Hamorii sling didn't survive so I now have my six.

I've learned a lot mostly from YTers but also quietly stalking threads here and there from here. I'm now living with my now fiancé and my Ts are named Simi, Hufflepuff, Kiara, River, Onyx, and Bynx. I also have my dog, Baby he's a Corgi/Dachshund mix.

I'm so happy to have joined this community. I have met a few others in the hobby and now I've gotten over most of my fear that is until feeding day. My A. Seemanii, Kiara, acts like an OBT that I nicknamed her as Mrs. Satan lol (shout out to my DBZ fans). Anyways I'm happy to finally introduce myself to you all.

Attachments

Kirstielol

Arachnopeon
Hello everyone!! :happy:

I started keeping tarantulas this February, so I'm very new to all of this! I have 9 already (b.smithi, b.klaasi, b.boehmei, t.albo x2, n.tripepii, g.pulchra, a.avic, c.versicolor) :spider: I also have two geckos (a crested gecko and a leopard gecko), as well as a scorpion and a ton of isopods! I've always been very interested in inverts and reptiles. I'd also love to branch out into keeping amphibians at some point!

I'm Canadian and from southern Ontario! A little about me.. I'm an artist, I'm super into D&D, tabletop games, video games, and fitness. I like to draw, paint, run, hike, and cook!

The tarantula community has been very welcoming so far, so I'm excited to join this forum and get to know some more people into the hobby!

AButteredSpider17

Arachnopeon
Hi!! Nice to meet y'all! My name is Katie (19) and I'm excited to join this forum ( first time member)! I'm an Environmental science major ( interested in entomology and maybe environmental education?) at Catawba College in Salisbury NC and I live in Dallas, NC. I like hunting, hiking, photography, fishing, horror, anime, history, ( especially historical fashion), and of course/insects and arachnids. I have a pet Florida Ivory millipede named Lucifer ( I came here for tips and he's been doing really well). All insects and arachnids interest me except roaches. I'm trying to get over that but I'm not very fond of them. Ask me anything!

Attachments

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Hi!! Nice to meet y'all! My name is Katie (19) and I'm excited to join this forum ( first time member)! I'm an Environmental science major ( interested in entomology and maybe environmental education?) at Catawba College in Salisbury NC and I live in Dallas, NC. I like hunting, hiking, photography, fishing, horror, anime, history, ( especially historical fashion), and of course/insects and arachnids. I have a pet Florida Ivory millipede named Lucifer ( I came here for tips and he's been doing really well). All insects and arachnids interest me except roaches. I'm trying to get over that but I'm not very fond of them. Ask me anything!
Welcome to Arachnoboards!!

TheHound

Arachnoknight
Been posting a little while now, but may as well introduce myself in here. I'm Matt, 41, from Bedfordshire in the UK. I started keeping tarantulas in January following long periods of intense interest in them. I bought a 5cm T. sabulosus, following it up a couple of weeks later with a 7cm D. pentaloris. I added two extra on Thursday - a tiny versicolor sling, and an even tinier N chromatus which came with the versicolor as a freebie. I have a Sheltie who is getting on a bit (11 years old and fairly blind, but also active and happy). We have two guinea pigs, which are mainly the kids'. My principal hobby is playing the piano, and I've always been an avid computer gamer, but over lockdown I've also gotten fairly into board games, building a little bit of Lego, and of course now tarantulas. I work in pharmaceuticals within the area of female health.

This forum has been hugely helpful so far, and I'm thankful for the various pointers I've received and the time taken by various people to post them. This is an incredibly addictive hobby, as well as generally hugely engaging. I think about my spiders often throughout the day, how they're doing, how I'm doing with my husbandry, and what I'm going to do next. It gives me pleasure whenever they enter my thoughts. I'm really excited about seeing them all grow and develop, and so far have resisted buying any adults (biggest so far being the pentaloris), though of course that may change, depending on whether I get impatient for my existing ones to reach that size!

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Been posting a little while now, but may as well introduce myself in here. I'm Matt, 41, from Bedfordshire in the UK. I started keeping tarantulas in January following long periods of intense interest in them. I bought a 5cm T. sabulosus, following it up a couple of weeks later with a 7cm D. pentaloris. I added two extra on Thursday - a tiny versicolor sling, and an even tinier N chromatus which came with the versicolor as a freebie. I have a Sheltie who is getting on a bit (11 years old and fairly blind, but also active and happy). We have two guinea pigs, which are mainly the kids'. My principal hobby is playing the piano, and I've always been an avid computer gamer, but over lockdown I've also gotten fairly into board games, building a little bit of Lego, and of course now tarantulas. I work in pharmaceuticals within the area of female health.

This forum has been hugely helpful so far, and I'm thankful for the various pointers I've received and the time taken by various people to post them. This is an incredibly addictive hobby, as well as generally hugely engaging. I think about my spiders often throughout the day, how they're doing, how I'm doing with my husbandry, and what I'm going to do next. It gives me pleasure whenever they enter my thoughts. I'm really excited about seeing them all grow and develop, and so far have resisted buying any adults (biggest so far being the pentaloris), though of course that may change, depending on whether I get impatient for my existing ones to reach that size!
Officially welcome Matt!! They truly are fascinating little creatures

waynerowley

Arachnosquire
Hi!

My name is Wayne, from Bournemouth in the UK. I've been researching tarantula keeping for around a year now, watching videos and reading websites. My wife is arachnophobic, but she's started to take an interest too, and has let me have a tarantua!

So as of today I am the the happy owner of a c. versicolor juvenile (around 5-6cm leg span).

Currently keeping it in container that I bought it in - a plastic jar. The size is not bad and it has good cross ventilation, but it had no hide so I have added some cork bark. I'll also be adding a small water pot too.

Here she/he is:

IMG_2610.jpeg

WightNeko

Arachnopeon
Neko here! UK 🇬🇧 tarantula admirer!
I am new here,I guess I have around 10 years experience with various tarantulas and other inverts,for me the biggest attraction is the positive aspect keeping and studying them has on my mental health. I find caring for them and observing their behaviors really helps keep my mental health in a really zen space and I honestly don't think I could ever learn all there is to know about them! I hope this finds you all well and I look forward to tapping into the wealth of knowledge in here and reading about you spider stories and experience! Stay safe and peace to all ,
WightNeko