Introduce Yourself

AntisocialSushi

Arachnopeon
Cant go with C. cyaneopubescens!! And good job using the latin nomenclature!!- That is great!

Some times MM live longer than youd expect, and there is always the option to send them out for breeding. But attachment is tough!!

And no problem you are welcome!!
It definitely was an adjustment using the scientific names! I learned very quickly thats the only accurate way to go with Ts since there are so many changes. My Avic. avic. M6 being sold to me as a Metallic Pink Toe(which lead to a deep dive since Avicularia sp. metallica isn't a valid name anymore) kinda fixed that for me real fast lol.

xhuxhurocket

Arachnopeon
Hello all! I've had my first and only T, a Grammostola actaeon sling, for only a week and I'm absolutely enchanted by the little guy/ gal. I'm already wanting to add another (several) to the collection! DLS on my new friend is about 1.75" so we have a lot of slow growing to do.

Leducwaterbury

Arachnopeon
Hello!
My name is Tammy and I have a love for spiders.
I received my very first spider just before Christmas of 2020. It is a wolf spider that my husband found in his work warehouse.
I live in Connecticut in the United States.
I look forward to learning from this forum and sharing on this forum.

Attachments

staceyp

Arachnopeon
Hey, y’all! I’m Stacey!

New to Arachnoboards! I’ve been in the hobby a little more than 6 months. I’m a recovered arachnophobe; my fear was profound. Even the little spiders could send me into tears, well into adulthood. That changed a couple of years ago, when I randomly saved a jumping spider from the cat food bowl. Lol! I didn’t start collecting until May 2020.

I have three kids. Dogs, cats, horses, an aquatic frog with its own pet fish, and a black (rescue) squirrel. My middle child participates in youth rodeo (barrel racing, pole bending, bull and bronc riding), my oldest is a volunteer firefighter and boxes, and my youngest is about to turn 7 and enjoys trail riding with Mama. I make clothes, I’m self learning the violin, I have my “creepy crawlies”, and I care for special needs adults in a group home setting.

Thanks for having me! Looking forward to learning so much!

marc1

Arachnopeon
Hello to all. I’m marc from Bristol in the SW uk. I’ve not long entered the hobby but I’ve already amassed 11 t’s. I have mainly nw’s and one ow that I’m a tad afraid of 😂, stromatopelma Calceatum. Full grown female that I haven’t seen since putting her in her enclosure.

DomGom TheFather

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter
It's awesome that so many recovering arachnophobes are entertaining the hobby.
This community contains some really cool people and it's nice to see.
Just sayin'

Last edited:

sk063

Arachnopeon
Steve here,
We recently purchased our first T at the Steel City Reptile Expo. " Aphonopelma Chalcodes " Arizona Blonde. It's over..... Like anything else that's worth doing, we've jumped in with both feet. Recently added 2 " Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens " GBB. I needed more variety so, ordered a few more today! Hope to gain from the Knowledge on this forum.
Thanks

Peterlimburg

Arachnopeon
Hello,

I'm Peter, i am from The Netherlands and i own 4 slings, 1 Brachypelma albicpes, 1 Tliltocatl vagans and 2 Tliltocatl verdezi, this are my first spiders and i want to learn more about them that is why i joined this forum.

Hello all! I’m David from PA :)I’ve been a lurker for a few years now but i finally decided to join because I wanted to actually be able to contribute to threads (definitely not because I’m extremely jealous of ponerinecat’s poduromorphs or anything ;))

joossa

Arachnobaron
Hi everyone,
I'm Joel from California, USA. Have been growing carnivorous plants for almost 15 years now. I used to keep and breed mantids years ago. My brother got my interested in tarantulas about 2 or so years ago and I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. Finally did it a few weeks ago after lots of indirect experience and learning from him and reading a lot on this board.

Glad to be here.

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Hi everyone,
I'm Joel from California, USA. Have been growing carnivorous plants for almost 15 years now. I used to keep and breed mantids years ago. My brother got my interested in tarantulas about 2 or so years ago and I've been hesitant to pull the trigger. Finally did it a few weeks ago after lots of indirect experience and learning from him and reading a lot on this board.

Glad to be here.
Welcome @joossa !!

Brideofthegillman

Arachnopeon
Hello ,I'm dee from galveston texas. I am new to the hobby. With only one T (Aphonopelma chalcodes), and one week in.
My T is a sling and I have been reading up both prior to receiving my sling and now still reading up, and just looking for some good advice. Also interested in learning more information and seeing all the wonderful T's that you all have.

atropine

Arachnopeon
Kevin from Mississippi,
and I have so much relief knowing that more people find arachnoids to be very beautiful beings. and
am excited about taking up this beautiful passion.

Boogers

Arachnopeon
'Ey friends, I'm Boogers, currently in Arizona and I go through research binges on invert husbandry & care, as well as vivariums for about a week every 3-5 months :rofl: though I'm not in the hobby. Yet.
I'm currently fighting the intense need to purchase a vinegaroon. The only thing holding me back is we are planning to move across country in a couple of years and it's already a pain enough to move with a cat and a dog- I'd hate to add any bugs to the list of pets to stress out.

Looking forward to learning a lot! We'll see if I stay a casual observer...

Spyro

Arachnopeon
Hi Everyone,
I'm Stephen and I own some beetles, chameleons and lots of feeder insects. I'm not new to arachnoboards, long time lurker first time posting. I am an entomologist and will be finishing up my Ph.D. in the next few months! So excited to play a more active role on this forum.

'Ey friends, I'm Boogers, currently in Arizona and I go through research binges on invert husbandry & care, as well as vivariums for about a week every 3-5 months :rofl: though I'm not in the hobby. Yet.
I'm currently fighting the intense need to purchase a vinegaroon. The only thing holding me back is we are planning to move across country in a couple of years and it's already a pain enough to move with a cat and a dog- I'd hate to add any bugs to the list of pets to stress out.

Looking forward to learning a lot! We'll see if I stay a casual observer...
Welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:

DooLittleLife

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone 👋🙂
My name is Cheyanne from Washington state. I have helped a friend for over a year with their 13 tarantulas and in the last month ended up with 4 slings of my own and a scorpion.
I have been on this site many times looking for answers to my questions before I had actually joined.
I currently own
Tliltocatl albopilosus aka Curly Hair aka Shelob
Avicularia metallica aka Metallic Pink Toe aka Kanga
Neoholothele incei aka Trinidad Olive aka Aragog
Chilobrachys dyscolus sp. blue aka Vietnam Blue aka Charlotte

Hope everyone is doing well.

Conor10

Arachnoknight
Hello, I have been in the hobby for quite a while as I got my first T when I was 7. I own centipedes, scorpions, tarantulas and a few more. I’m happy I found this website where I can get questions answered fast. This is what I have right now:
G. Pulchra adult female
OBT sling
A. Aruantica juvenile (the one I’m haveing problems with)
Vinegaroon adult
Fat tail scorpion ( I think it’s a subadult)
S. Polymorpha “aqua blue” pedeling
S. Polymorpha “ yellow legs” adult female
Going on a trip tomorrow to (hopefully) find some bark scorpions.

Salepet91

Arachnopeon
Hey all! My name is Aleks, and i'm from Serbia. Have little t's collection t's (14 right now ). Actually big fan of all psalmopoeus. More into old world species, but ofc there are many new worlds that are awesome. Came to forum cuz i'm sick of facebook communities and similar stuff. Ofc registred do share and learn! :)

Smotzer

ArachnoGod
Arachnosupporter +
Hey all! My name is Aleks, and i'm from Serbia. Have little t's collection t's (14 right now ). Actually big fan of all psalmopoeus. More into old world species, but ofc there are many new worlds that are awesome. Came to forum cuz i'm sick of facebook communities and similar stuff. Ofc registred do share and learn! :)
Welcome Aleks to Arachnoboards!! I think you will find this community so much better!! There a wealth of knowledge and decades of experience here!!

GrammyGranny

Arachnopeon
Hi! New to a forum of any kind, been reading and researching here for several years. I'm a recovering arachnophobe, but I "inherited" a G. pulchra that was raised in our family from a sling for about15 years now. I decided to dive into the hobby a bit more with a couple of slings of my own. T. albo and G. pulchripes. Thanks for all the information, it's been very helpful to read what experienced keepers do! The slings doing well, both have molted twice, eat well, and seem calm and comfortable.